What is a gut feeling you have that nobody else sees coming?

mdonnelly21

Falcons pass on edge rusher in the 1st 2 rounds.   Then all of yall nice folks get to see good ole ff13 going into complete meltdown mode and possible enter an insane asylum and hopefully come out a fan of a team that can build a pass rush lol. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I think MHJ goes Top-3.  Not sure if that's the Patriots or someone else moving into the spot, but that's my gut feeling.  While everyone else just has straight QBs.

I agree with this. But primarily its because of the bust potential of Drake Maye and J.J McCarthy. I think someone like the Cardinals or Giants move up to grab the most surefire pick in that 3 spot. I think Caleb and Jayden Daniels are pretty solidified in those first 2 spots. They imo have the least bust potential at the most valuable position in all of sports. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mdonnelly21 said:

I agree with this. But primarily its because of the bust potential of Drake Maye and J.J McCarthy. I think someone like the Cardinals or Giants move up to grab the most surefire pick in that 3 spot. I think Caleb and Jayden Daniels are pretty solidified in those first 2 spots. They imo have the least bust potential at the most valuable position in all of sports. 

It's just so hard for me to see by many accounts, the "best prospect in the draft" and such a surefire thing and difference-maker at a premium position, not getting scooped up before he just falls into Arizona's lap at 4.  The other thing is...despite it being hyped as just 3 or even 4 straight QBs at the top...even the loaded 2018 draft didn't have QBs 1-2-3.  I do think 1 and 2 are locked in as QB picks.  Probably Williams and Daniels, outside chance at Maye.  But i'm not convinced the Patriots are locked in or even really at the place as an organization for a QB pick right now, unless they're 100% fully sold on a guy.  Which could be an MHJ pick as a "foundational piece" for a later/future QB pick.  Or it could be a trade down opportunity.  Especially if they can ransom the pick to Arizona and move down to lose nothing.  Probably be leveraging someone like the Giants or who knows who further down.

But i may also just be totally overthinking it.  Teams do goofy stuff with QBs all the time and i still underestimate the possibility of it happening.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tugboat said:

It's just so hard for me to see by many accounts, the "best prospect in the draft" and such a surefire thing and difference-maker at a premium position, not getting scooped up before he just falls into Arizona's lap at 4.  The other thing is...despite it being hyped as just 3 or even 4 straight QBs at the top...even the loaded 2018 draft didn't have QBs 1-2-3.  I do think 1 and 2 are locked in as QB picks.  Probably Williams and Daniels, outside chance at Maye.  But i'm not convinced the Patriots are locked in or even really at the place as an organization for a QB pick right now, unless they're 100% fully sold on a guy.  Which could be an MHJ pick as a "foundational piece" for a later/future QB pick.  Or it could be a trade down opportunity.  Especially if they can ransom the pick to Arizona and move down to lose nothing.  Probably be leveraging someone like the Giants or who knows who further down.

But i may also just be totally overthinking it.  Teams do goofy stuff with QBs all the time and i still underestimate the possibility of it happening.

Lol Monti Ossenfort isn't moving up for Marvin Harrison Jr.

10 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I think the more realistic thing is Patriots want to build out the roster by getting more picks. 

No great QB play is going to put them over the top. Not WR play for that matter. 

I think it’s the smartest thing they can do. Imagine if Maye busts how long that would set them back. 

but never know 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nicfre2011 said:

Really?

No one else seems to think they are even looking so it fits.

With Omenihu out they have only three experienced DEs on the roster--Karlaftis, Danna, and Felix Anudike-Uzomah--and that's giving FAU a lot of credit. There is no such thing as too much pass rush. 

Vikings decide to get to #2, trade Jefferson to the Bengals for Tee and 18, and get their choice of QB2.  They then trade Tee to carolina for 33 and a fourth to recoup picks to restock.  Draft daniels or Drake, then a WR at 33.