What is a gut feeling you have that nobody else sees coming?

mdonnelly21

47 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Vikings decide to get to #2, trade Jefferson to the Bengals for Tee and 18, and get their choice of QB2.  They then trade Tee to carolina for 33 and a fourth to recoup picks to restock.  Draft daniels or Drake, then a WR at 33.

Bold all around lol

Edited by Soko
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

No one else seems to think they are even looking so it fits.

With Omenihu out they have only three experienced DEs on the roster--Karlaftis, Danna, and Felix Anudike-Uzomah--and that's giving FAU a lot of credit. There is no such thing as too much pass rush. 

While I don't disagree on the need for a pass rush...(1) we do have team needs that seem to align with the strengths of this draft in WR and OT and (2) while having a rotation of pass rushers is a huge plus for any defense, Spagnoulo has shown alot of creativity in manufacturing pass rush in ways that keep offenses guessing by utilizing cornerback blitzes and timing blitzes from the linebackers.

That being said, IF we targeted a pass rusher I would prefer someone like Chop Robinson vs. Darius Robinson.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, paul-mac said:

If (and it’s a big if) he can convince teams that the recent DUI was a one off mistake, then my bold prediction is that T’Vondre Sweat will be a first round pick and maybe even top 20. 

This is a gut feeling you have? You should make an appointment with a doctor my friend. Sweat wasn’t going top 20 before the DUI.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nicfre2011 said:

While I don't disagree on the need for a pass rush...(1) we do have team needs that seem to align with the strengths of this draft in WR and OT and (2) while having a rotation of pass rushers is a huge plus for any defense, Spagnoulo has shown alot of creativity in manufacturing pass rush in ways that keep offenses guessing by utilizing cornerback blitzes and timing blitzes from the linebackers.

That being said, IF we targeted a pass rusher I would prefer someone like Chop Robinson vs. Darius Robinson.

If Chop slid to say #25, I would look for the Chiefs to make a move. For Darius, they would stay at #32. 

9 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Vikings decide to get to #2, trade Jefferson to the Bengals for Tee and 18, and get their choice of QB2.  They then trade Tee to carolina for 33 and a fourth to recoup picks to restock.  Draft daniels or Drake, then a WR at 33.

Sounds to me like you just want a Joe, Chase Jefferson reunion haha. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2024 at 6:48 AM, SmittyBacall said:

1.) JC Latham goes 5th overall to LAC.

If they can't trade back, I could actually see that happening.  Maybe I've juiced myself up on this a bit of late, but I think it's a bit telling that Harbaugh tried to recruit Latham and he didn't go after Alt.  If the Chargers do sell #5, especially to Minnesota - I think you can put down in pen either Latham or Bowers at whatever 1st they end up at if one or both are still on the board.  But I can easily see them having Latham ranked higher than Ola and I wouldn't be shocked if they had him higher than Alt - but I can see Hortiz, being an Ozzie disciple, trying to squeeze some extra value out of the hype on Alt, even if it was dangling him in front of Tennessee to see if he can coax an extra 3rd to get their pick of the litter.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

No one else seems to think they are even looking so it fits.

With Omenihu out they have only three experienced DEs on the roster--Karlaftis, Danna, and Felix Anudike-Uzomah--and that's giving FAU a lot of credit. There is no such thing as too much pass rush. 

Not saying DE isn't a need. I think it's definitely a secondary one.

But you're suggesting we need to trade up for a position where:

- We already have a clear #1

- We just resigned someone for 8mil a year

- We just spent a first rounder

Omenihu is out for now, but we do not need to draft someone in the 1st to replace him for 2 months of an Edge4. If the board falls this way and an edge is clearly BPA at #32 then sure. But trading up for one would be be spending a lot of our limited resources on one position

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Not saying DE isn't a need. I think it's definitely a secondary one.

But you're suggesting we need to trade up for a position where:

- We already have a clear #1

- We just resigned someone for 8mil a year

- We just spent a first rounder

Omenihu is out for now, but we do not need to draft someone in the 1st to replace him for 2 months of an Edge4. If the board falls this way and an edge is clearly BPA at #32 then sure. But trading up for one would be be spending a lot of our limited resources on one position

• We don't have a clear #1 need. Far from it. That's what makes this sort of thing possible.
  • Danna is ideally Edge3
  • There is a reason Edge is a premium position

You are not drafting an Edge4. It's like saying Mahomes was drafted as a QB2. Both OT and WR would be down the depth chart as rookies. 

On 4/20/2024 at 11:58 AM, onejayhawk said:
  • Chiefs trade up for an Edge
  • Brock Bowers falls out of the top 10
  • Penix goes in the 1st round
  • More OG than RB are drafted in the top 50

Good risk overall, but the last one seems obvious, no? I doubt we get any running backs in the first two rounds (maybe one?), whereas, depending on how they are announced, you have Fautanu, Barton, and Beebe as decent Top 50 options at least. 

12 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Good risk overall, but the last one seems obvious, no? I doubt we get any running backs in the first two rounds (maybe one?), whereas, depending on how they are announced, you have Fautanu, Barton, and Beebe as decent Top 50 options at least. 

I suppose in this crowd, it is a bit obvious. Still, it's a rarity.

42 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

And Morgan if a team views him as a guard 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

If they can't trade back, I could actually see that happening.  Maybe I've juiced myself up on this a bit of late, but I think it's a bit telling that Harbaugh tried to recruit Latham and he didn't go after Alt.  If the Chargers do sell #5, especially to Minnesota - I think you can put down in pen either Latham or Bowers at whatever 1st they end up at if one or both are still on the board.  But I can easily see them having Latham ranked higher than Ola and I wouldn't be shocked if they had him higher than Alt - but I can see Hortiz, being an Ozzie disciple, trying to squeeze some extra value out of the hype on Alt, even if it was dangling him in front of Tennessee to see if he can coax an extra 3rd to get their pick of the litter.

Titans don’t have a third to give. I don’t think they’re trading up for anyone. In full rebuild, lots of needs, and few draft picks to address them. If the Chargers are sticking at 5 to take a tackle, the Titans are likely licking their lips at a fat trade down for McCarthy.

Also, I am still not buying the Chargers taking a tackle. They’ve addressed in some way all of their needs, except WR. Which probably indicates something.