What is a gut feeling you have that nobody else sees coming?

mdonnelly21

10 hours ago, tyler735 said:

That's not the point being made. At this point in time, Allen is coming off that type of season (arguably the best of his career) and is clearly a top 15 WR. What he does statistically with a rookie QB this next year is irrelevant to the caliber of WR he is today. The point is that the Bears found a way to get 2 top 15 caliber WR's in Keenan Allen and DJ Moore over the past 2 years to put their rookie QB in a great position to succeed early on. 

The problem is no one cares what you did last year on a different team with a much better QB. The fact of the matter is Allen will be 32 and history says he will not produce this year what he did last year. And he’s not a top 15 WR, no offense. The measures to which you consider him a top 15 WR are outdated. He’s a very good WR, but not even a top 20.

9 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I don't think that's really what it's about...but yeah...i kinda do.

Lawrence tossed nearly a thousand yards to Marvin Jones as a "top target" as a rookie...under Urban Meyer no less.  And people act like he's been "disappointing".  So if Caleb can't throw the ball successfully to a pair of better receivers than Lawrence has ever had in his entire career...that does start to raise flags.

I don’t see 100 catches and 1,200 yards the same as 73 catches and 830 yards…830 isn’t “nearly 1,000”. I am by no means saying those two are comparable but Keenan Allen’s best years are behind him. 

4 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Bears trade down from 9 with several perceived targets still on the board.  I get that two top 10 picks is good, but "four total picks" is bad, and you're not trading #1 and you can't really parlay 75 or 122 into much.

If all 3 WRs are gone, then I can totally see the Bears trading back (if anyone is willing to come up of course). Honestly wouldn't suprise me if they trade up to lock in one of the big 3 WRs and call it a draft (more or less).

13 hours ago, Danger said:

Keenan Allen is gonna be gone after next season and he's not a top 15 wide out anymore

I actually agree I was just being silly. Keenan is so injury prone you can’t rely on him, discounts him from top conversation.

Hes still great though when healthy, so while supplies last thats gonna be a potent one-two combo(Edit:Sorry I meant Two-Two combo my bad 😘)

Edited by Chiefer

48 minutes ago, badgers0821 said:

The problem is no one cares what you did last year on a different team with a much better QB. The fact of the matter is Allen will be 32 and history says he will not produce this year what he did last year.

Of course people care about a WR’s body of work and them having a great year in their most recent season. 

The last time an older WR was a top target for a “generational” QB prospect, I’d say things went pretty well for Andrew Luck throwing to Reggie Wayne back in 2012. 

Keenan Allen has never relied on his athleticism to be a top WR, his route running and hands set him apart. There’s no reason he can’t continue to play at a high level for a couple more seasons. There are plenty of examples of similar play style WR’s doing well into their mid 30’s.

48 minutes ago, badgers0821 said:

And he’s not a top 15 WR, no offense. The measures to which you consider him a top 15 WR are outdated. He’s a very good WR, but not even a top 20.

Until he proves otherwise with a dip in his play, he’s undoubtedly top 15 and saying he’s not top 20 at this point is comical, no offense.

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

Of course people care about a WR’s body of work and them having a great year in their most recent season. 

The last time an older WR was a top target for a “generational” QB prospect, I’d say things went pretty well for Andrew Luck throwing to Reggie Wayne back in 2012. 

Keenan Allen has never relied on his athleticism to be a top WR, his route running and hands set him apart. There’s no reason he can’t continue to play at a high level for a couple more seasons. There are plenty of examples of similar play style WR’s doing well into their mid 30’s.

Until he proves otherwise with a dip in his play, he’s undoubtedly top 15 and saying he’s not top 20 at this point is comical, no offense.

Keenan Allen can’t be trusted, dude looks great and then gets hurt, like clockwork every season. I don’t think you can be a top guy if you’re always in rehab. 

2 hours ago, badgers0821 said:

I don’t see 100 catches and 1,200 yards the same as 73 catches and 830 yards…830 isn’t “nearly 1,000”. I am by no means saying those two are comparable but Keenan Allen’s best years are behind him. 

You're kinda missing it here.

That was the top target.  In a completely jacked up mess of a nonsense system.

Keenan Allen is WR2 for Caleb and the Bears.  DJ Moore is a legit #1WR.  And he's got a very solid upper tier TE to toss it too in Kmet as well.  Plus depth at TE and a good RB stable behind him.

At some point, you have to just stop piling on infinite weapons and actually build the rest of the team.

16 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

You're kinda missing it here.

That was the top target.  In a completely jacked up mess of a nonsense system.

Keenan Allen is WR2 for Caleb and the Bears.  DJ Moore is a legit #1WR.  And he's got a very solid upper tier TE to toss it too in Kmet as well.  Plus depth at TE and a good RB stable behind him.

At some point, you have to just stop piling on infinite weapons and actually build the rest of the team.

This whole thing started because of Keenan Allen, this had nothing to do with the Bears. It sounds like you started some conversation on your own…

12 minutes ago, badgers0821 said:

This whole thing started because of Keenan Allen, this had nothing to do with the Bears. It sounds like you started some conversation on your own…

No, the whole conversation started because of the idea of drafting Odunze/Nabers in addition to Moore and Allen.   I think you skipped an introductory step here.

That the Chargers will draft Malik Nabers at 5 lol

Even with all the smoke of Harbaugh not caring about the outside passing game I just have trouble seeing them not go Nabers. Or Odunze 

I think its similar to the Jamarr Chase Pennie Sewell debate

I just think at the end of the day the playmaker does so much for stretching the offense and opening up the entire field that you have to go Nabers or Odunze. 

Especially after trading Keenan and losing Mike. 

Alt and Bowers makes sense, but I just feel like the GM has got to go Nabers at the end of the day. You need that safety blanket for Herbert 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Bears trade down from 9 with several perceived targets still on the board.  I get that two top 10 picks is good, but "four total picks" is bad, and you're not trading #1 and you can't really parlay 75 or 122 into much.

Get two studs at 1 and 9, and that doesn't matter if they don't have a lot of picks. 

6 hours ago, brownie man said:

That the Chargers will draft Malik Nabers at 5 lol

Even with all the smoke of Harbaugh not caring about the outside passing game I just have trouble seeing them not go Nabers. Or Odunze 

I think its similar to the Jamarr Chase Pennie Sewell debate

I just think at the end of the day the playmaker does so much for stretching the offense and opening up the entire field that you have to go Nabers or Odunze. 

Especially after trading Keenan and losing Mike. 

Alt and Bowers makes sense, but I just feel like the GM has got to go Nabers at the end of the day. You need that safety blanket for Herbert 

I've kind of come full circle from hoping that the Chargers don't take Alt so the Titans can to hoping the Chargers take Alt because it'd be a really dumb decision on their part, and would prevent the Titans from disappointing me by taking something dumb while Alt is on the board.

Can't be mad about drafting a receiver over a tackle when the best tackle isn't there.

• Like 1

I think Dallas Turner falls to the Colts

Not the only one who thinks this I'm sure, but Falcons and Jets swap 8 and 10 (plus whatever other compensation) for Odunze

Think Philly trades with Denver to grab Fuaga/Latham ahead of the Raiders. Have whichever start at G and eventually take over for Lane

Edited by BowlesDawgDX

13 hours ago, Tugboat said:

No, the whole conversation started because of the idea of drafting Odunze/Nabers in addition to Moore and Allen.   I think you skipped an introductory step here.

Yes, but I was just responding to someone mentioning that Allen is a top 15 WR…I didn’t care about the rest of the conversation.