NFL DRAFT day 3 prospects you would like to see on the Jets rounds 4-7

Big T

Okay, the no brainers for the draft on day 1-2 are OL/WR/TE or OL/S/WR on day2

But what about rounds 4-7, knowing that we don't have a 5th rounder and there is value to be had especially in round 4 where we have 2 picks, 1 in round 6 and 2 comp picks in round 7 including Mr. Irrelevant.

Now to be fair, I think you may have to do a mock draft or two and take into consideration which teams drafting before you do. With that in mind here are a few of the later day picks that I think could be there for the Jets, and for the record there is at least 1 UDFA who the Jets will pay and who will make the team.

111 and 134 in round 4

185 in round 6

256/257 in round 7

111. QB Pratt/Travis

134. DT D. Carter

185. DE Mo Kamara

256.  RB Dillion Johnson

257. S Al Walcott 

On 4/20/2024 at 8:49 AM, Big T said:

But what about rounds 4-7, knowing that we don't have a 5th rounder and there is value to be had especially in round 4 where we have 2 picks, 1 in round 6 and 2 comp picks in round 7 including Mr. Irrelevant.

Now to be fair, I think you may have to do a mock draft or two and take into consideration which teams drafting before you do. With that in mind here are a few of the later day picks that I think could be there for the Jets, and for the record there is at least 1 UDFA who the Jets will pay and who will make the team.

111 and 134 in round 4

185 in round 6

256/257 in round 7

111. QB Pratt/Travis

134. DT D. Carter

185. DE Mo Kamara

256.  RB Dillion Johnson

257. S Al Walcott 

Interestingly they may not pay big money to an udfa.  Kind of pointless when they have the last two picks of the draft and have their pick of the litter at a lesser price

Well, the Jets enriched themselves with more draft capitol with a third, 2 4th rounders a 5th and 3 6ths and a 7th ......8 in total 

Picks 

72 , 111, 134,  129 , 157, 185, 203,  257

7 minutes ago, Big T said:

Well, the Jets enriched themselves with more draft capitol with a third, 2 4th rounders a 5th and 3 6ths and a 7th ......8 in total 

Picks 

72 , 111, 134,  129 , 157, 185, 203,  257

We have a 3rd, 3 4th’s , a 5th, 6th, 7th

Trotter was a 1st round pick at one point and has bloodlines.  He could be starting in two years.  Hicks can be a starer, Oladapo would be a good pick.  Pratt, Rattler and Travis would all be great developmental projects behind Rodgers.

I like Laumea.  Van Pran-Granger could push Simpson to start. Plenty of DL rotational pieces if we want.  Bortolini played with Tippmann. Edefuan Ulofoshio can be a great LBer to groom.  If we want a bruiser at RB I like Braelon Allen.  

I think we have a great shot at getting two starters down the road in Round 4 or defenders who can be added into the rotation.  Plus QB.  I don't see them waiting until end of the draft.

On 4/20/2024 at 8:49 AM, Big T said:

111 and 134 in round 4

185 in round 6

256/257 in round 7

111. QB Pratt/Travis

134. DT D. Carter

185. DE Mo Kamara

256.  RB Dillion Johnson

257. S Al Walcott 

One thing you have to remember since the start of the century, in 2000 only 18.5% of Jets drafted players have made the Jets roster. And only Leon Washington, had a real impact and that is only the players drafted in third & fourth rounds. If you want to look on the bright side of out drafting, we got HOF Joe Klecko in the sixth round. 

Joe Milton is a guy who looks like an ideal developmental QB. Can learn from two great veterans and he has natural talent. I would take a shot.

Yeah, I am starting to think that adding a cornerback is a good idea considering the 2025 decisions that await us.