DRAFT DAY ONE:

JetsandI

Wouldn't entertain this until after the draft or maybe next season.  Is Jared Goff the long term QB in Detroit?  If he has another big year  and gets a contract we could capitalize on getting Hooker for cheap.  Two years under Ben Johnson, doesn't have any tape so his value hasn't gone higher than his 2nd round draft pick.  Would be better than starting over with a rookie.

Rams want to get into top 10.  Philly may want to jump up to grab a CB. Does Indy want to secure Bowers?  New Orleans could want their guy at Tackle. QB before Minny, etc.  We have plenty of options.

I think:

1. Odunze (at 10 or trade up)

2. Move back and take OL/WR

3. Stay put and take Bowers

4 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I understand that AFL had 8-10 teams.  If so, how many rounds may be irrelevant.

That is a darn good question, seven or eight rounds is more than enough.  The reason for so many draft rounds, was all teams needed players. Old NFL fans hated the AFL fans, their line was even if a topliner was drafted by the AFL he was a bum. And believe it or not there was so many fights between fans it was crazy. The big problem for the NFL was the new owners of AFL teams had all the in the world like Lamar Hunt & Conrad Hilton, and others. Most NFL teams were family owned. It only got worse when the Jets beat a powerful Baltimore Colts team that was a 17 points Favorite in the SUPER BOWL.

Edited by doumeyer

2 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Wouldn't entertain this until after the draft or maybe next season.  Is Jared Goff the long term QB in Detroit?  If he has another big year  and gets a contract we could capitalize on getting Hooker for cheap.  Two years under Ben Johnson, doesn't have any tape so his value hasn't gone higher than his 2nd round draft pick.  Would be better than starting over with a rookie.

I like it. Unfortunately, I think the Lions are going to turn to Hooker at some point. I think they view him as their Jordan Love-lite. But I like the thought. One guy I like a lot is Cleveland's Dorian Thompson-Robinson. Same concept, really. He is buried on that depth chart now behind Watson, Winston and Huntley. I remember on Hard Knox Rodgers had nice things to say about him during the Hall of Fame Game. I would bring him on board if the price was right.

Also, I don't think a rookie is going to be the heir apparent to Rodgers. I think we are going to draft a QB this year and another one next year. If Rodgers plays both years, we will probably pick another one the third year but that guy would likely sit in favor of the guy with some experience practicing with Rodgers (and also Tyrod Taylor, who I believe is also an important mentor in this situation).

This, of course, assumes that this organization has learned its lesson after the 2018 and 2021 fiascos. Here's hoping!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I like it. Unfortunately, I think the Lions are going to turn to Hooker at some point. I think they view him as their Jordan Love-lite. But I like the thought. One guy I like a lot is Cleveland's Dorian Thompson-Robinson. Same concept, really. He is buried on that depth chart now behind Watson, Winston and Huntley. I remember on Hard Knox Rodgers had nice things to say about him during the Hall of Fame Game. I would bring him on board if the price was right.

Also, I don't think a rookie is going to be the heir apparent to Rodgers. I think we are going to draft a QB this year and another one next year. If Rodgers plays both years, we will probably pick another one the third year but that guy would likely sit in favor of the guy with some experience practicing with Rodgers (and also Tyrod Taylor, who I believe is also an important mentor in this situation).

This, of course, assumes that this organization has learned its lesson after the 2018 and 2021 fiascos. Here's hoping!

I'd trade a late pick for DTR, only because of his interactions with Rodgers.  Really hoping for Rattler, Pratt or Travis in that order.

7 hours ago, xrade said:

In a way, I hope that happens only because I really want an OT.  I am not buying the Bowers thing.  Too much smoke.  JD never shows his hand.  I won't be mad if we get one of the top 3 WR's, but I just believe OT is a much bigger need.  Just please, for the love of God, do not trade up (unless Alt is there at 8 or 9). 

I want an OL as well, WR is just as important due to the depth issues tho. This is where not having our 2nd hurts a bit.