Official 2024 NFL Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

25 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

If Nick pulled that off...man oh man

I have a feeling a team is going to jump in front of Texans to get Newton, as always. Nick may have to go up if he wants him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blaze said:

I have a feeling a team is going to jump in front of Texans to get Newton, as always. Nick may have to go up if he wants him.

There's to much talent left. Plus rumors are Newton's prior foot injury is causing the drop. I just don't like the idea of investing the draft capital in a 300+lber with a possible foot issue.

Take Fiske at 42 if you want. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

There's to much talent left. Plus rumors are Newton's prior foot injury is causing the drop. I just don't like the idea of investing the draft capital in a 300+lber with a possible foot issue.

I'm in the same boat. Newton falling is probably a sign of worrisome medicals.

- Fiske, Jenkins and Smith are my top DT targets and should be in play at 42; If Newton is there though, I don't think you can just ignore him (unless that foot is mangled).

- DeJean and McKinstrey are probably gone by 42 (DeJean is likely 33rd overall) the next level of guys - Rakestraw, Melton, Lassiter - are really solid candidates for a CB 2 and bottom out as ST guys.

- Cooper is probably my top target at LB, but Wilson might be the better pro when it's all said and done. I'd be happy with either.

- S needs to also be in consideration here, given the extra pick we have in the round. Javon Bullard and Tyler Nubin are both pushing for immediate playing time in our S room, both have elite level upside at the position too. Nubin can be a star at the spot.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

I could see passing on Newton if that is a real concern. If they did, Fiske is a nice secondary option. 

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm in the same boat. Newton falling is probably a sign of worrisome medicals.

- Fiske, Jenkins and Smith are my top DT targets and should be in play at 42; If Newton is there though, I don't think you can just ignore him (unless that foot is mangled).

- DeJean and McKinstrey are probably gone by 42 (DeJean is likely 33rd overall) the next level of guys - Rakestraw, Melton, Lassiter - are really solid candidates for a CB 2 and bottom out as ST guys.

- Cooper is probably my top target at LB, but Wilson might be the better pro when it's all said and done. I'd be happy with either.

- S needs to also be in consideration here, given the extra pick we have in the round. Javon Bullard and Tyler Nubin are both pushing for immediate playing time in our S room, both have elite level upside at the position too. Nubin can be a star at the spot.

In all fairness, there were 9 defensive players drafted in round 1 so I think it's more QB/OT/WR being propped up. We're trying to trade up with a few teams towards the top of round 2. I think the targets are Newton, Hall, Fiske, and Smith, but we'll see what happens. Either way, we're in a really good spot right now with what we need vs what's available. 

• Like 2