2024 NFL Draft Round 1 Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

This is the only thing I can think of. I don't have Kirk's contract in front of me so I can't understand the machinations, but my guess is they view Cousins as the starter this year and next and then Penix takes over as early as year 3 (but maybe 4th)?

I guess.  Won't Penix will be older than Cousins by then? :)

I think Atlanta is playing with fire.  I don't like moves like this because it is a lot of resources to invest where something bad has to happen for it to work out.  Like what they are betting on cousins getting hurt again this year?  

I am sure Cousins has a no trade clause in that contract so they will have to release him.  You know what this likely means...cousins might be able to squeeze out 1 more contract after they let him go.   But he has to be unhappy with this.

• Like 1

In a few more picks, our window opens for maximum potential trade-up, so maybe we get back into the game.

I think 36 + 40 potentially gets us up to 15ish. I suspect that’s about as high as we could possibly get. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, I have him mocked to the Jets at #10. Gonna be pissed that they could've just stayed put and helped my draft entry out

I had the same thing. Bowers to NY at 10 and McCarthy to the Jets at 11. No loss here I guess since its unlikely that anyone mocked a QB to the Jets or a OT to Minnesota.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

In a few more picks, our window opens for maximum potential trade-up, so maybe we get back into the game.

I think 36 + 40 potentially gets us up to 15ish. I suspect that’s about as high as we could possibly get. 

The guy just went that I would have done that for

So 5 qbs picked in top 10 picks.  

Interesting that these qbs went to really good situations.  Unusual.  Washington and NE probably the weakest.  The #1 pick went to the best situation.  JJ gets JJ.  Penix gets all those untapped weapons offensively but he will sit. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

The guy just went that I would have done that for

I’d think long and hard about Fuaga. Guy is an absolute animal.

But…that’s a pretty steep price. I’d probably rather do 36 + 67 for Mims than 36 + 40 for Fuaga. 

• Like 1