2024 NFL Draft Round 1 Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I'm more concerned about his historic P2S, his mediocre production through 43 starts and the fact that Nussmeir and LSU didn't miss a beat when he didn't play the bowl game. 

Did you even know what P2S was before this draft? Step off the ledge

Just now, lavar703 said:

I have no idea how the Giants can look their fans in the face seriously and continue on with Daniel Jones

https://overthecap.com/player/daniel-jones/7797

They're locked into a massive $47m cap hit for 2024, no matter if he plays 0 snaps or 1000. If he sucks, though, he has nothing guaranteed for 2025 and beyond.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I won’t be.  Until he proves me wrong, this will be just like Rivera for me.  But I won’t be vocal about it on here like I was with Rivera.  This regime deserves the benefit of the doubt.  

I did the same thing with the Forbes pick and then I saw him on the field and knew I was right lol

• Like 1

Just now, BigTimeRedskins said:

https://overthecap.com/player/daniel-jones/7797

They're locked into a massive $47m cap hit for 2024, no matter if he plays 0 snaps or 1000. If he sucks, though, he has nothing guaranteed for 2025 and beyond.

Yeah, I know that they’re locked into it, so I guess it’s the right call.  I still think they could’ve traded down and continued to build for when they can move on.  So I guess that this is good for the division?  

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I won’t be.  Until he proves me wrong, this will be just like Rivera for me.  But I won’t be vocal about it on here like I was with Rivera.  This regime deserves the benefit of the doubt.  

I'm kinda on the same train. I'll root for him and hope he works out and I do agree that the regime deserves the benefit of the doubt. But I have this nagging feeling we passed on Josh Allen 2.0 for RG3 2.0

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Vikings gotta be happy about the slide. I have him sliding all the way down to them

Vikings would score with that.  This takes a lot of patience on their part.  We will see.

• Like 1