2024 NFL Draft Round 1 Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

2 minutes ago, taylor made said:

It's the right pick. Everyone is concerned about Jayden's weight, but we can have a potential dynamic offense right away if we add a couple more weapons at WR & TE 

I'm more concerned about his historic P2S, his mediocre production through 43 starts and the fact that Nussmeir and LSU didn't miss a beat when he didn't play the bowl game. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, taylor made said:

It's the right pick. Everyone is concerned about Jayden's weight, but we can have a potential dynamic offense right away if we add a couple more weapons at WR & TE 

Oh I think you are right in that we will have a potential dynamic offense in the short term, but that is my problem with this.  We should be playing the long game.  We will have highlights and Harris will surely sell more tickets this year with the pick, but will we win a championship?

• Like 2

In all seriousness, I like Jayden Daniels a lot. I really do. I prefer traditional QBs but, he adds a wrinkle offensively and he’s going to be ready right away without question. I hope he can protect himself, I want him to do well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

If after firing Ron Rivera you would've told me we would end up with Dan Quinn and Jayden Daniels I would've laughed at you.

This is the part that chaps my ***. I had a lot of plans for the glorious Ben Johnson/Drake Maye era.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

This is the part that chaps my ***. I had a lot of plans for the glorious Ben Johnson/Drake Maye era.

I’m actually happy with the coaching staff we got.  But I’m legit bummed on the QB.  And as we all know, as the QB goes, so goes the team and the coaches.