2024 NFL Draft Round 1 Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

57 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Standig said he had a GM tell him yesterday the pick is Drake Maye. 

That’s actually what I feel. And it isn’t to slight the Giants. It’s been the media. All the Daniels and JJ stuff. The only thing we heard reported about Maye was he enjoyed the top golf and he complimented the guys. I’m going to keep saying Daniels because reports but in my gut I think it’s your boy and honestly buddy I hope my gut is right for you!!! Because honestly I don’t feel like spending the next 30 years defending JJ I really don’t want too do that and I hope he goes to Minnesota and thrives I genuinely want that for him. I think Drake here and JJ there are the best for each guy and team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

That’s actually what I feel. And it isn’t to slight the Giants. It’s been the media. All the Daniels and JJ stuff. The only thing we heard reported about Maye was he enjoyed the top golf and he complimented the guys. I’m going to keep saying Daniels because reports but in my gut I think it’s your boy and honestly buddy I hope my gut is right for you!!! Because honestly I don’t feel like spending the next 30 years defending JJ I really don’t want too do that and I hope he goes to Minnesota and thrives I genuinely want that for him. I think Drake here and JJ there are the best for each guy and team.

I just don't want to be the team that passes on the next Herbert/Allen. I know Maye could easily be a bust but I just think taking Daniels is a mistake. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I just don't want to be the team that passes on the next Herbert/Allen. I know Maye could easily be a bust but I just think taking Daniels is a mistake. 

Daniels could be the next Michael Vick though... 

Spoiler

I think most of the QBs selected in the 1st round will bust.

Edited by Slappy Mc

28 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t think Daniels is a mistake. I just think there’s a few pieces of his game that really scream injury. And like it or not getting hurt is essentially busting especially when it’s because your play style. We’ve seen Hurts get hurt right before the playoffs and almost cost them last year. Like it’s not that you can’t be a runner. But runners don’t tend to give up because the magic in their running is the belief the next guy isn’t bringing them down. He’s a hell of a talent that’s undeniable. But it comes with a play by play risk. 

Drake could bust. But I just think you give that guy 2 years and play him by week 6 this season I believe he can grow. I mean they talk about Kliff being a whisperer. Then whisper to the guy with the biggest collective toolbox. Because for everything we talk about Jayden’s wheels Drake can move!!! Especially for his size.

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

I don’t think Daniels is a mistake. I just think there’s a few pieces of his game that really scream injury. And like it or not getting hurt is essentially busting especially when it’s because your play style. We’ve seen Hurts get hurt right before the playoffs and almost cost them last year. Like it’s not that you can’t be a runner. But runners don’t tend to give up because the magic in their running is the belief the next guy isn’t bringing them down. He’s a hell of a talent that’s undeniable. But it comes with a play by play risk. 

Drake could bust. But I just think you give that guy 2 years and play him by week 6 this season I believe he can grow. I mean they talk about Kliff being a whisperer. Then whisper to the guy with the biggest collective toolbox. Because for everything we talk about Jayden’s wheels Drake can move!!! Especially for his size.

Agree. 

It doesn't help that Daniels makes statements saying he wants break Vick's QB rushing numbers.  Hard to believe he is going to protect himself.

But truth be told I am reading too much news right now and it is easy to be reactionary.  Who knows what the real story is and we won't for until after they play some games.  

As you say Drake could bust.  The odds are that most of them will bust.  If there really is 6 qbs drafted in the first round, 4 likely bust.  Pretty exciting stuff though and I just hope whoever it is that he is fun to root for.  

Man, listening to the entire NFL Network panel basically agree Drake Maye has higher upside and that Daniels frame could be an issue is extremely depressing. All of them agree Dan Quinn had a major hand in this pick which sounds even more depressing. 

Edited by lavar703

43 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Instead of trading up for an OT, I'd consider trading up for a WR ahead of the Bills. Pair Jayden up with Brian Thomas, Jr. It makes a lot of sense. 

I agree with this. I brought this up in the other thread. Trading up for a WR makes more sense to me than an OT

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Man, listening to the entire NFL Network panel basically agree Drake Maye has higher upside and that Daniels frame could be an issue is extremely depressing. All of them agree Dan Quinn had a major hand in this pick which sounds even more depressing. 

#FireDanQuinn

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I feel like if he did it wouldn’t be Daniels