2024 NFL Draft Round 1 Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

my thought is our eventual trade up position is predicated on what the Giants might or might not do. are they QB-hungry and willing to trade up beyond what we can to 5 or 4, or even 3? are they intending to stay at 6 and draft a top end WR?

i haz no idea....

i don't see McCarthy dropping below 9, as the Bears would be ecstatic to trade 9 with Denver or the Raiders (or LAR?) to get more much needed draft capital and deny a NFC North adversary a potential QBOTF.

I think the Giants are blowing smoke about potentially taking a QB. Daboll had already come out and said Jones is the starting QB when healthy. They would be foolish to pass on the premier talent for the 4th best QB.

Edited by Slappy Mc

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Behind our current OL, we might need the tank back there to withstand the first season’s worth of hits. 

Been on this same train of thought since the beginning of the offseason.

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Oddly enough Jayden Daniels was on ESPN saying he has no assurances or anything from Washington that they will pick him. I get keeping this close to the vest but if you made your decision what is the point? Everyone knows Caleb is going one so letting it out that Daniels is two seems like it wouldn't be a big deal to me. Unless he really isn't the pick which would be absolutely shocking to me at this point and would really piss me off that VA doesn't let us bet on the draft lol

I am in North Carolina for work. They allow it here. I've emptied my account of funds in bets. 

• Like 1

No matter who we draft I am hoping Quinn takes a page out of the Seahawks development program to  give to Kilff. Run the heck out of the ball create favorable passin down plays and down and distance and bring the guy on and let him learn and lean on his playmakers

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

No matter who we draft I am hoping Quinn takes a page out of the Seahawks development program to  give to Kilff. Run the heck out of the ball create favorable passin down plays and down and distance and bring the guy on and let him learn and lean on his playmakers

This combined with playing good defense is a winning strategy. I second this train of thought. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I did threads for each night, and we should have discussion threads for each pick.  

I get that. 

It’s just when the other thread was closed, for example, I was working on a post about Day 2 receivers like Keon Coleman and Ladd McConkey and Roman Wilson. 

Should we just discuss those things here too, even though they aren’t about players we’ll pick on Day 1? There’s only so much you can say about Day 1 — they’re going to take Daniels, and that’s pretty much all there is to say about that 😂

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I get that. 

It’s just when the other thread was closed, for example, I was working on a post about Day 2 receivers like Keon Coleman and Ladd McConkey and Roman Wilson. 

Should we just discuss those things here too, even though they aren’t about players we’ll pick on Day 1? There’s only so much you can say about Day 1 — they’re going to take Daniels, and that’s pretty much all there is to say about that 😂

We are probably going to make a 2nd 1st round pick at some point. Also, Jayden Daniels isn't the pick until it's announced. 

36 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I get that. 

That is fine to put it here 

Anyone else miss The All Day Draft that ended after 2009 😟 I was famous for taking the day off from work and watching the entire draft . ahh the good ol days . I know it works better in this new format but I still gets nostalgic !

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Standig said he had a GM tell him yesterday the pick is Drake Maye. 

All I'm seeing is that NE will select Maye if available. 

Not sure if they are the same report.