2024 NFL Draft Round 1 Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Morning fellas! Happy draft day. The more and more I read - the more and more I think it's going to be Maye. 

1) Josh Harris is the creator of the "process," and I think he is just fine with drafting a QB that needs a bit more time to develop.  

2) Jaden isn't getting warm and fuzzy vibes from the front office.

3) This front office is intentional. They brought in all the QBs last week for a reason. I wouldn't discount that.

4) Kliff K and Phil L connection. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Troublez said:

4) Kliff K and Phil L connection. 

I noted this in another thread. If we don't go Maye, you gotta wonder if Phil didn't give the brightest review of the kid.

• Like 1

Oddly enough Jayden Daniels was on ESPN saying he has no assurances or anything from Washington that they will pick him. I get keeping this close to the vest but if you made your decision what is the point? Everyone knows Caleb is going one so letting it out that Daniels is two seems like it wouldn't be a big deal to me. Unless he really isn't the pick which would be absolutely shocking to me at this point and would really piss me off that VA doesn't let us bet on the draft lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Behind our current OL, we might need the tank back there to withstand the first season’s worth of hits. 

That’s my biggest concern with Jd and JJ which is why no matter my preference I think Drake has the best chance to hold up while developing

i would be pleased if WASH selects Maye because i feel NE would then select Daniels, leaving McCarthy available for us to plunder. hey, we're Vikings and that's what we do, plunder and pillage.

i think Daniels will be an exciting player, but will not hold up to the rigors of NFL pounding. there's also the point of our greatest wish as QB-needy fans is to draft a guy we have behind center for 10 or even 15 years. can Daniels' style be the same over that timespan? not likely, so who will he be in the future, and can he still be a leader and a winner after having to become a pocket passer?

Go. Get. Maye.

oh, and there's this, my little adopted forum...

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/70-ask-anything-50-designated-steve-vivor/page/132/#comment-5751088

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Oddly enough Jayden Daniels was on ESPN saying he has no assurances or anything from Washington that they will pick him. I get keeping this close to the vest but if you made your decision what is the point? Everyone knows Caleb is going one so letting it out that Daniels is two seems like it wouldn't be a big deal to me. Unless he really isn't the pick which would be absolutely shocking to me at this point and would really piss me off that VA doesn't let us bet on the draft lol

My theory is that the new ownership wanted them to keep it quiet so that we would be in the news and on every podcast for months. 

3 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i would be pleased if WASH selects Maye because i feel NE would then select Daniels, leaving McCarthy available for us to plunder. hey, we're Vikings and that's what we do, plunder and pillage.

i think Daniels will be an exciting player, but will not hold up to the rigors of NFL pounding. there's also the point of our greatest wish as QB-needy fans is to draft a guy we have behind center for 10 or even 15 years. can Daniels' style be the same over that timespan? not likely, so who will he be in the future, and can he still be a leader and a winner after having to become a pocket passer?

Go. Get. Maye.

oh, and there's this, my little adopted forum...

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/70-ask-anything-50-designated-steve-vivor/page/132/#comment-5751088

Every draftnik seems to have pivoted in the last 24 hours away from the Vikings trading up to 4 or 5 and instead believing they can instead make a deal at 7, 8 or 9. What are your thoughts? I don't think the Giants will take JJ and I'm not sure the Broncos or Raiders are in love with him either. Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if JJ is just there at 11. 

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Every draftnik seems to have pivoted in the last 24 hours away from the Vikings trading up to 4 or 5 and instead believing they can instead make a deal at 7, 8 or 9. What are your thoughts? I don't think the Giants will take JJ and I'm not sure the Broncos or Raiders are in love with him either. Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if JJ is just there at 11. 

my thought is our eventual trade up position is predicated on what the Giants might or might not do. are they QB-hungry and willing to trade up beyond what we can to 5 or 4, or even 3? are they intending to stay at 6 and draft a top end WR?

i haz no idea....

i don't see McCarthy dropping below 9, as the Bears would be ecstatic to trade 9 with Denver or the Raiders (or LAR?) to get more much needed draft capital and deny a NFC North adversary a potential QBOTF.

Edited by vike daddy

10 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Arizona has literally no reason to trade up to 2 

The only way I could see this happening is if someone trades up to 4 and then trades to 2. I could see us trading to 4 and taking whichever QB is left. I could see us being unwilling to trade down to 11+ but this would give us even more ammo to trade back into the first.

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Man... It's going to be a real big change for Washington fans to not have all their information funneled to them by the media. Loose lips sink ships and hopefully those days are behind us. 

• Like 1