2024 NFL Draft Day 2 Discussion Thread

9 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I think he was just so much higher on their board than anyone else. Again, he was mocked in the 1st round in almost all mock drafts out there. I'm honestly fine with the pick, but I know and understand others frustrations.

Kinda between this take and @lavar703. I think there were other directions we could've gone, especially with our needs at OT and CB.

BUT...the value cannot be missed there getting a 1st round talent like him. It kinda makes it easier to platoon our DTs and not miss too much of a beat. And also gives us flexibility if suddenly one of our DTs wants to be traded.

2 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

There’s not one complete roster and no team with the second overall pick and a complete FO and staff overhaul used their first draft anticipating competeing for a SB. We had the second pick. We could have picked every need position and we still aren’t a complete roster. But with 5 picks we’ve added 5 really really really amazing football players on tape and tell me the last time we did that?

I'm sorry man, I just cannot come to terms with picking another DT high. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

What's weird about the Coleman pick is they paid Allegretti decent money. So Coleman is essentially going to get the Stromberg/Daniels treatment. 

I really think he is Cosmi insurance. There is a very strong chance Cosmi isn't here after this year. The big benefit that Allegretti has over Cosmi, imo, is that this staff sought him out.

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

I really think he is Cosmi insurance. There is a very strong chance Cosmi isn't here after this year. The big benefit that Allegretti has over Cosmi, imo, is that this staff sought him out.

6217efa07e2e40ba9e07e01d224e3d45.gif

Just now, lavar703 said:

I'm sorry man, I just cannot come to terms with picking another DT high. 

Had Rivera not overdrafted Phidarian Mathis, I don't think you feel this way. That is my opinion, but I think the Mathis pick has left a really bad taste in our mouths. Newton isn't that. Newton will take playing time away from Payne and Allen. He is undeniable.

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

What would be the point of letting yet again, another talented OL walk? There is no justification to not pay Cosmi if he keeps ascending. Like no excuse at all. He's young and getting better and better. Cosmi is light years beyond Allegretti as a starter. Like, its not even remotely close. 

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

What's weird about the Coleman pick is they paid Allegretti decent money. So Coleman is essentially going to get the Stromberg/Daniels treatment. 

Well, despite my beliefs, they did announce him as a tackle. So he could fail Daniels style but he’s starting off outside

Just now, lavar703 said:

What would be the point of letting yet again, another talented OL walk? There is no justification to not pay Cosmi if he keeps ascending. Like no excuse at all. He's young and getting better and better. Cosmi is light years beyond Allegretti as a starter. Like, its not even remotely close. 

Cosmi is overrated by this fanbase.

Like every year you miss out on something. This is year one of Peter’s and Quinn!!! Yes it’s year 20 plus of being a fan but this is legit the first real Harris Peters Quinn draft. Like they tried to move up for Morgan. Like that is still TBD just like every pick. But for the first two days of a draft we have seriously gotten some pretty special talents. Yes I wanted one of those big behemoth OT’s. But Coleman is a legit mauler. He was rising up because anyone that watched his tape it’s clear he’s got the slide pull and length and the hands to play outside and be good. If you find a better player then you have a pro bowl plus level OG who is just nasty. Like we haven’t even seen this staff field these guys and maybe we didn’t get the name you wanted but we seriously improved some key roles for what this staff has shown over multiple stops they maximize and produce results with systematically.

• Like 1

I can't come up with another tackle prospect.  Some other good guard prospects left though.  This is the shock of the washington draft.  I was so confident we would go hard after a legit tackle prospect.  The big issue isn't this year, it is that we have two tackles who will not be here the year after.  

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

Had Rivera not overdrafted Phidarian Mathis, I don't think you feel this way. That is my opinion, but I think the Mathis pick has left a really bad taste in our mouths. Newton isn't that. Newton will take playing time away from Payne and Allen. He is undeniable.

I don't hate the player. Newton is a stud. If we traded Jonathan Allen I would've loved this pick but our DB suck. I know people think Forbes will get better and he very well might but St. Juste is awful. Cooper DeJean being there just hurt man. He would've immediately been our best corner.