The Official 2024 Raider Draft Day Thread

3 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

This is what we said about Mayer last year. Very real chance Bowers isn’t that good as he’s not as athletic as people think he is. 

I've watched every game he's played since coming to Georgia. He's that athletic:

Brock Bowers is the most NFL-ready player in the 2024 Draft.” - Nick Saban

• Like 4

I get that it's not a "need" but he was "BPA" and he's a stud. The end. I have faith in Munford, so OT wasn't as high a priority for me. I prolly would've gone Mitchell, but if I'm honest with myself that's based on need. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Bowers could also be in the backfield

Was just talking to my buddy about this. Line him up in the backfield, inline, big slot, outside. He’s a legit chess piece. The more I think of it the more I like it. We added top end talent today 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree.  We have holes at key positions like OT and CB year we draft a TE after spending a 2nd on one last year...  Not only do we take a TE but we have a below average Qb throwing to our talent.  

One of the main reasons Telesco's teams failed was because of a porous D.  We have a major need at CB and a porous Oline and we take a TE.  I hope Bowers is a HOFer...

With OT I agree with you what was the corner I've said from the beginning that there's too many alternative options too drafting a corner at 13 for us to do that. I don't even think there's definitively a number one corner of this draft

Zero chance the Raiders thought Bowers would be available at 13. Added some juice to the offense. Made the QBs that we have life’s a lot easier. This doesn’t make Mayer a bust but he also wasn’t good enough to pass on a stud from day 1 TE. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

With OT I agree with you what was the corner I've said from the beginning that there's too many alternative options too drafting a corner at 13 for us to do that. I don't even think there's definitively a number one corner of this draft

There will be a #1 corner in this draft.  You can bank on that. That player is a much greater need than a TE when we spent a 2nd on one last year.  Is Mayer a bust?

I like Bowers the prospect but it's the need and position value I question. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Zero chance the Raiders thought Bowers would be available at 13. Added some juice to the offense. Made the QBs that we have life’s a lot easier. This doesn’t make Mayer a bust but he also wasn’t good enough to pass on a stud from day 1 TE. 

Like I mentioned before, if we get a tackle the question becomes how good does the quarterback for our team next year have to be (whoever it is)