The Official 2024 Raider Draft Day Thread

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

What is Getsy's scheme? And has he really shown enough as a play caller to justify targeting guys that only fit into that? Reminds me of Paul Guenther a few years ago where we passed on good players because they didn't "fit the scheme." Good coordinators should and typically do mold their scheme around the strengths of their personnel. 

He comes from the Shanahan/Lefluer scheme.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Imagine if the pick is Cooper DeJean.

Last time I said imagine if the pick was…. It was Alex Leatherwood the day of the draft 

DeJean is going to be an absolute playmaker wherever he goes. He's the kind of guy everyone sleeps on, ends up in Seattle or Baltimore and is lights out. 

• Like 2

If we’re going by Vegas odds:

Caleb is a lock for #1

Daniels is a 95% lock for #2

Maye is like a 90% lock for #3

Cardinals likely stay put and pick Harrison #4

Chargers have a 50% chance of staying put and selecting JC Latham, and 50% chance of trading the pick to Minnesota who would select JJ McCarthy

#6 is likely Nabers

3 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

If McCarthy is at #4, I offer Arizona the farm. Chargers aren’t gonna trade with us. And Giants won’t pass up McCarthy. 

Per several notable guys, they don't get the sense the Giants are interest in McCarthy. It's Maye or bust for them, hence trying to get up to #3. 

4 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

If McCarthy is at #4, I offer Arizona the farm. Chargers aren’t gonna trade with us. And Giants won’t pass up McCarthy. 

This would be the final boss of the Leatherwood, Arnette, Ferrell lineage of picks for me.

• Like 1

Just now, big_palooka said:

Per several notable guys, they don't get the sense the Giants are interest in McCarthy. It's Maye or bust for them, hence trying to get up to #3. 

Hope you’re right. Could you imagine if Vikings don’t trade with LAC, thinking the LV and Denver won’t leapfrog them? Dude, if McCarthy is still there when Atlanta is picking, you have to pull the trigger with Atlanta!!!!

There’s also a possibility we are not interested in McCarthy, which would make Telesco and AP really dumb. I have not heard any JJ/Raiders buzz. I know we like the Top 3, especially Daniels, and like Penix. 

3 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Hope you’re right. Could you imagine if Vikings don’t trade with LAC, thinking the LV and Denver won’t leapfrog them? Dude, if McCarthy is still there when Atlanta is picking, you have to pull the trigger with Atlanta!!!!

There’s also a possibility we are not interested in McCarthy, which would make Telesco and AP really dumb. I have not heard any JJ/Raiders buzz. I know we like the Top 3, especially Daniels, and like Penix. 

I think the only connection between the two I remember hearing is that AP said he was one of the three best QBs in the class. 

Edited by FloydFan

The problem is I think the Vikings REALLY love McCarthy. And will trade up. I also think McCarthy is Denver’s type of QB. That’s why I think you gotta trade to #4. 

Bro if McCarthy ends up in a Denver uniform I’m turning the draft off

• Like 1