The Official 2024 Raider Draft Day Thread

7 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Yes that is the point. I'm not saying make the decision based on Adam's age, I'm saying that the decision you make affects what you do with Adams if he has perceived value that is worth offloading, especially with the Jets looking to add receivers among various other teams.

I don't think drafting a QB early affects whether Adams stays on the team. He's cost-prohibitive in 2025 and 2026. Even if the Raiders did draft a QB, I doubt he would play more than a season with Adams. I also think teams are just not interested because of his age, injuries, and price. Adams is probably worth more to the Raiders at $20+ million than the 5th or 6th round pick they would get in a trade.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I don't think drafting a QB early affects whether Adams stays on the team. He's cost-prohibitive in 2025 and 2026. Even if the Raiders did draft a QB, I doubt he would play more than a season with Adams. I also think teams are just not interested because of his age, injuries, and price. Adams is probably worth more to the Raiders at $20+ million than the 5th or 6th round pick they would get in a trade.

Very possible. If Aiyuk is only fetching a second right now I can’t see Adam’s getting more than a third on the current market. 

1 hour ago, FloydFan said:

I think if we dont draft a QB we need to trade Adams. I just dont get the value in holding onto an aging receiver and wasting him on AOC and Minshew. 

I'm on board with this 100%. If we're rolling into the season with AOC and Minshew, and are focused on the long term rebuild, try to trade Adams to get back into the late first. Sending him to a contender and we get to continue to fast track our long term building project by just a bit.  

Heck, I've even thought of the idea of Trading him for one of the top WR's in this years class if one of them falls far enough. Like if Odunze falls far enough

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Adams is probably worth more to the Raiders at $20+ million than the 5th or 6th round pick they would get in a trade.

Did I misunderstand that? Adam's is definitely NOT going for a 5th or 6th.  The Jet's would pony up a 2nd without hesitating or any competition whatsoever.  I think with competition there is an outside chance of getting a low 1st to a contender that needs a WR to put them over the top. 

But, if we wait another year or two, than yea a 5th or 6th is all we'll get. It's why I'm on board the "let's let him go this year if we're not going to get a QB and get a high pick for him"

Now, if his value really was 3rd or lower I wouldn't touch it and I'd keep him. But I think right now his value is still ranked as one of the top WR's in the league. Not top 2, but definitely top 5. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I'm on board with this 100%. If we're rolling into the season with AOC and Minshew, and are focused on the long term rebuild, try to trade Adams to get back into the late first. Sending him to a contender and we get to continue to fast track our long term building project by just a bit.  

Heck, I've even thought of the idea of Trading him for one of the top WR's in this years class if one of them falls far enough. Like if Odunze falls far enough

Yep. This is exactly where I am with it. If we are going to waste just another year of him we may as well get back some value. 

2 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Yep. This is exactly where I am with it. If we are going to waste just another year of him we may as well get back some value. 

God I wish we had done the same with Carr. Trade him when he had value. The difference though is I don't see us trading Adam's next year or seeing the coaching staff getting tired of him. But what I wouldn't give for a chance at a franchise QB

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

God I wish we had done the same with Carr. Trade him when he had value. The difference though is I don't see us trading Adam's next year or seeing the coaching staff getting tired of him. But what I wouldn't give for a chance at a franchise QB

Yeah I’m with you. I still think the handling of the Carr situation was the most egregious thing of the Ziegler and McDaniels era. To give out that contract and make it to where you get absolutely no value was just poor front office antics. 

• Like 4

Just now, big_palooka said:

Can someone explain how Penix would fit the offense? I'm not seeing. 

I'm not convinced he will be the pick. It's too easy to mock him to the Raiders out of desperation. I think Telesco is more prudent.

I’m high on Penix and I think he’d offer the ability to stretch the field with his arm but I do worry about his fit in Getsy’s offense. Now I know there was a lot of smoke about how they had to put training wheels on it for Fields but I’m not sure how much I believe that.