The Official 2024 Raider Draft Day Thread

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Imagine if the pick is Cooper DeJean.

Last time I said imagine if the pick was…. It was Alex Leatherwood the day of the draft 

would be redundant, hed play the role Hobbs is imo

1 minute ago, Tank4Drake said:

The problem is I think the Vikings REALLY love McCarthy. And will trade up. I also think McCarthy is Denver’s type of QB. That’s why I think you gotta trade to #4. 

Bro if McCarthy ends up in a Denver uniform I’m turning the draft off

We will be able to beat Denver out in any trade if we desire so hopefully if it comes to that we go and get our guy. 

I’m feeling pretty calm. I can see a solid rationale behind most options honestly.

I’m almost certain they won’t go big and trade up to get any of the top 3 - but if they did I would be excited. Nervous if was Daniels, but excited nonetheless 

I’m equally certain that they won’t have JJ high enough to offer more that what the Vikes can or will be willing to give - but I’d be ecstatic if they did

I’m very high on Nix and like Penix and think that they would both offer significant enough improvement to that position and feel ready to gamble on a QB. And while I would prefer them on day 2 (which I honestly doubt is likely) or late round 1, I would understand taking them earlier if the FO thinks the same as me and would be fine with them doing so and keeping the rest of their draft picks intact.

If they choose not to go QB at 13, there are so many really good players that it’s almost impossible to find a bad pick - Fuaga, Fautanu, Fashanu, Latham, Mitchell, Arnold, Verse, Turner, Murphy…. I would be happy with pretty much any of those.

Plus, this draft is so hard to predict and is a really exciting draft - a tonne of elite prospects, loads of QBs, different opinions on how to rank them, likely trades…. 

Can’t wait!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

A realistic mock:

13. Michael Penix Jr | QB | Washington

44. Ennis Rakestraw Jr | CB | Missouri

77. Blake Fisher | OT | Notre Dame

112. Mason McCormick | OG | South Dakota State

148. Gabe Murphy | Edge | UCLA

I like Fisher, McCormick and Murphy but think the first two are overdrafted sorry!

• Like 3

Just now, Tank4Drake said:

Alt is a really solid prospect but way overrated by internet gurus. I prefer both Latham and Fashanu. 

Alt is blue chip imo. There's a sizeable gap between he and the tier 2 guys for me.

He's one of the most athletic T's to ever come out on top of being incredible clean.

I pray the Chargers pass on Alt. He and Slater protecting Herbert for 10+ years would suuuck.

• Like 1

I think Fuaga ends up being a guard, but I think he'll end up being a Top 5 player of this draft and Pro Bowl guard every single year. I'm usually highly against IOL in the Top 25 picks, but I'm ok with Fuaga at 13.

48 minutes ago, reddevil said:

I’m feeling pretty calm. I can see a solid rationale behind most options honestly.

I’m almost certain they won’t go big and trade up to get any of the top 3 - but if they did I would be excited. Nervous if was Daniels, but excited nonetheless 

I’m equally certain that they won’t have JJ high enough to offer more that what the Vikes can or will be willing to give - but I’d be ecstatic if they did

I’m very high on Nix and like Penix and think that they would both offer significant enough improvement to that position and feel ready to gamble on a QB. And while I would prefer them on day 2 (which I honestly doubt is likely) or late round 1, I would understand taking them earlier if the FO thinks the same as me and would be fine with them doing so and keeping the rest of their draft picks intact.

If they choose not to go QB at 13, there are so many really good players that it’s almost impossible to find a bad pick - Fuaga, Fautanu, Fashanu, Latham, Mitchell, Arnold, Verse, Turner, Murphy…. I would be happy with pretty much any of those.

Plus, this draft is so hard to predict and is a really exciting draft - a tonne of elite prospects, loads of QBs, different opinions on how to rank them, likely trades…. 

Can’t wait!

Pretty much on the same page tbh, prefer Nix to Penix, happy to take either with a trade up from the 2nd. If McCarthy is there at #13 great.

If not I’d go Fuaga/Fautanu/Latham or Arnold/Mitchell.

Do think we should look to get OL and WR in the mid rounds.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Passing on Alt for Latham is the definition of overthinking it.

God I’d be so happy with this as I saw a mock that had them trade back and get BOTH Bowers and Latham. 

Caleb won’t bust but imo ends up the 4th best QB of this draft. Dude is 6” 1/2. Not even 6’1. He also is not great at reading defenses. He also is a damn diva. Also a dude who gets pedicures? The f***, man. That’s worse than Will Levis putting mayo in coffee. 

• Like 2