WR Antonio Brown officially retires

SteelKing728

I think if he would have have played a bit longer and went out respectful, then he would be a HoF'er. Right now, idk man. The dude is just off his hinges. This isn't like a Terrell Owens thing where he had issues in the locker room with teammates but he always played hard. Brown quit on his team during a game then has posted countless racist, sexist, and horrible things since in interviews and on social media. I don't think they'll let him in.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

You know, the definition of "statistically"....nah, you clearly slept in class that day. 

Oh no, I fully understand the concept. I also understand that it's an absolutely lazy way to look at things which is why the voters don't look at things based solely on statistics. Or otherwise they'd do lazy things like go "These two guys have nearly identical statistics despite one dude playing 30 more games."

AB’s not making it to the HOF. After what the fiasco that happened with T.O., I can’t imagine they’ll let in a guy who quit on multiple teams. The numerous off field incidents are icing on the cake.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2024 at 4:48 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

To flip the question, what did AB ever do that Michael Thomas didn't? He was productive for what 2 years longer?

MT's 4-year run (2016-2019) - 470 catches, 5512 yards (11.7 Y/R), 32 TDs.  

AB's best 4-year run (2013-2016) - 481 catches, 6315 yards (13.1 Y/R), 43 TDs.  This doesn't even include AB's league-leading yardage (in 14 games) or TD seasons in 2017 and 2018 respectively.  Or the 1,000 yard season he put up 2 years prior.  

To Thomas' credit he did win OPOY.  However Brown would have had a very good chance to win in 2017 if he hadn't missed 2 games (still finished 2nd in voting) and finished top 3 in voting in 2 other seasons.  Just don't see the argument for Thomas even being in the conversation with AB.  Brown was in the conversation for best WR for at least 5 seasons.  Thomas was considered the best for what, one season?  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Then we have a fundamental difference of opinion of what "generational" means.

Brown was an insanely good route runner.  It wasn't like he was getting open because he was the fastest or biggest guy on the field.  And it isn't like he was just putting up okay numbers.  His 6-year run holds its weight against any all-time WR not named Jerry Rice.  I don't really know if anyone can be a "generational" route-runner in the literal sense if that is where we are going but he is definitely one of the best ever in that regard.

I get why some (if not most) would put Fitzgerald or Calvin over him.  However I disagree with people making it seem like an outlandish thing to believe.  AB really was that good.  One of the most skilled offensive players I've ever seen. Even at 33 and his mind all over the place, he was still very good.  It sucks that he threw it all away.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 4