WR Antonio Brown officially retires

SteelKing728

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

He's got a ring and recognition to his name, and put up some solid stats. Is it enough for the Hall of Fame? He's got an outside shot, but could have used a couple more good seasons to secure his spot.

I think his 4 x 1st Team All Pros will nudge him over the threshold...He was literally, the best at his position, for no less than 3 straight years.  Unfortunately, I don't think there is a 'moral' or 'psych' clause to prevent his being inducted; hopefully, the voters will ensure he waits a good long time before enshrined... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ward4HOF said:

I think his 4 x 1st Team All Pros will nudge him over the threshold...He was literally, the best at his position, for no less than 3 straight years.  Unfortunately, I don't think there is a 'moral' or 'psych' clause to prevent his being inducted; hopefully, the voters will ensure he waits a good long time before enshrined... 

Good point. He played for Pittsburgh too, which historically has had some of the weakest candidates inducted.

• Like 7

He's definitely a HoF caliber player, and I believe had an HoF career, on the field.  I don't know whether he gets in or not though.  His resume is comparable to Calvin, who went in 1st ballot.  If AB gets in, it will be a long wait for him.  Had he retired young, in Pittsburgh, and not had everything occur that happened after he left, I think we'd view him as a no brainer, even without the Tampa ring.  I have no idea how the voters will view him in totality.  That induction speech would be interesting, to say the least.

Edited by OkeyDoke21
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Good point. He played for Pittsburgh too, which historically has had some of the weakest candidates inducted.

Ruskie is the troll we all need here. He’s like who Batman would be if he gave into his hatred.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Nah. Half as many receiving yards and about 1/3 the TD of Rice, not even close.

I thought I remember reading at the point AB was starting to go nuts, he was on pace to top a lot of Rice's stats (When Rice was the same age).