WR Antonio Brown officially retires

SteelKing728

1 minute ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Maybe people remember late career Fitz as a possession guy. He was the best high pointer of the football I've ever seen besides maybe Moss, and he actually showed up in the playoffs.

Yep people remember him as the guy who was still good when he was half a step slow but he was unstoppable down the field in 1-1 situations at Pitt and earlier in his career at Arizona. An absolute nightmare to cover.

• Like 2

Its legitimately sad thinking about the levels AB could have reached if he hadn't lost his marbles.    The guy always had some character red flags, but that 2015 hit to the head in the playoffs really changed him. 

I truly believe he could still be playing today and still be a decent WR, and have top 3 WR stats all time.

I will always love AB for what he once was, but he will be remembered more for the wrong reasons.

Edited by 43M

On the field? A 1st Ballot HOFer... However, his antics in New England and Tampa combined with the outlandish **** he says on Twitter will see that he NEVER gets into the Hall without a huge PR campaign to change his persona.

7 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Not really. Davante Adams is just as good as he was, and there's several other guys currently playing who run absolutely mesmerizing routes. Hell, even Doug Baldwin was on that level as a pure route runner.

Let's stop this revisionist history...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Can't stand him. And his antics aren't even T.O. entertaining. 

He's a borderline HoF'er though. His stats are basically Brandon Marshall, so he's not necessarily a first ballot lock. 

Like him or not, however, his prime impact warrants eventual induction. 

You know, minus the 4 First Team All-Pros, Super Bowl Ring, and All-Decade team... Sure. Brandon Marshall.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Good point. He played for Pittsburgh too, which historically has had some of the weakest candidates inducted.

Some people may argue that they have had weak candidates, but these may tend to strengthen their case just a little.

3894696468_792a114753_b.jpg

Edited by SodeeWater_Cheezburger

6 minutes ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

Edited 2 minutes ago by SodeeWater_Cheezburger
How do you post a picture on this site??

Copy the picture/image address. Go down to “insert image from url” box in the lower right of the screen just above “follow topic” and “submit reply”. Paste the URL in that box.

Enjoy 

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

Links from other sites will automatically embed, just copy/paste the exact URL in the regular box.

That's what I eventually did and it worked.  At first, I was trying to post a link from Imgur.  That used to work, but they must have changed something on that site or this one.  Thanks for your help, brother!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

That's what I eventually did and it worked.  At first, I was trying to post a link from Imgur.  That used to work, but they must have changed something on that site or this one.  Thanks for your help, brother!

Imgur often doesn’t coexist here for some reason 

7 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

You know, minus the 4 First Team All-Pros, Super Bowl Ring, and All-Decade team... Sure. Brandon Marshall.

You know, the definition of "statistically"....nah, you clearly slept in class that day. 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2024 at 10:41 AM, ronjon1990 said:

Can't stand him. And his antics aren't even T.O. entertaining. 

He's a borderline HoF'er though. His stats are basically Brandon Marshall, so he's not necessarily a first ballot lock. 

Like him or not, however, his prime impact warrants eventual induction. 

But which sports writer will bring him up?  Steelers?  Nope.  Raiders?  Haha.  Pats?  Not likely.  Tampa?  Again, probably not.  Too many burnt bridges.

• Like 1