Official Pittsburgh Steelers 2024 NFL Draft Thread

3 minutes ago, rlon said:

No, he doesn’t go to trial, he pleads guilty to a lesser charge or the current chart, and after he does the program and remains free of problems the charges are dropped. He avoids trial and jail unless he violates the terms or reoffends. 

Oh, I gotcha. 

1 minute ago, bigben07MVP said:

So I wonder why the restructured Highsmith’s contract a day before the draft

I’m curious too.

They already had the room for the draft picks and their usually $5-$7 mill for in season stuff.

Theyre going to add another vet or 2 somewhere…we just don’t know what position or level of that player(s).

Next offseason is probably going to be all about the DEFENSIVE trenches and secondary.  

And probably WR.

I would say QB, but I doubt we are in position to make major upgrades there.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VigilantZombie said:

If our WR room is set with Watkins, Jefferson,.and Wilson as our 3, 4, and 5...we might be in trouble 

Why? If Arthur Smith rarely uses 3 WRs, why do we need to spend a lot of resources on a #3? The #3 WR will be getting less touches than Naj, Warren, Pat, GP, and Wilson. 

2 hours ago, AFF said:

Possibly.

Though Kaboly said yesterday they wanna extend Daniels before the season starts.

they are probably  giving Daniels a new deal AND getting quality depth.  For a while under colbert we had neither.  It might take some getting used to , but yea, we can have 5 really good OL and a few good back ups. They also can/will play their natural spot on the line of all things

• Like 1