Bears Officially Select Caleb Williams at 1.1

Sugashane

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

If he wins games in Chicago he will be a superstar.

If he can average 9 wins and have a winning record vs GB over these next 5 years, he will be a top-5 paid QB come his 2nd contract.

And with the Bear's QB history, even if his stats don't reflect that he is a top-10 QB, I'm not sure any of us would have an issue with it. lol

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

If he wins games in Chicago he will be a superstar.

I always thought that was the dumbest part of the whole “Caleb doesn’t want Chicago” nonsense. His potential football-adjacent money in Chicago is higher than probably anywhere else in the entire league. Look at all the deals Fields got (signature Reebok shoe, Oakley, Dunkin, Essentia Water, C4, probably some others I’m forgetting) and he’s not even a starting NFL QB in year 4. If Williams is a 10 year above average player in Chicago he’ll get all the local money, and if he’s a star player he’ll get Mahomes like national money too. And make half a billion playing football. 

Edited by AZBearsFan
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I always thought that was the dumbest part of the whole “Caleb doesn’t want Chicago” nonsense. His potential football-adjacent money in Chicago is higher than probably anywhere else in the entire league. Look at all the deals Fields got (signature Reebok shoe, Oakley, Dunkin, Essentia Water, C4, probably some others I’m forgetting) and he’s not even a starting NFL QB in year 4. If Williams is a 10 year above average player in Chicago he’ll get all the local money, and if he’s a star player he’ll get Mahomes like national money too. And make half a billion playing football. 

Basically he could only make more outside of football at this time being a superstar QB in Dallas.

If Prescott had won 2 SBs by now he would be a billionaire.

Chicago is starved for a star QB that wins.  The fan base is really ready to embrace someone.  Fields didn't even win and he got a lot of love and benefits like you said.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I can’t argue with this logic.  He makes an airtight case.

The scary part is I can't tell if the fans in the thread are also trolling or if they are taking this seriously.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigbear72 said:

The scary part is I can't tell if the fans in the thread are also trolling or if they are taking this seriously.

I opened a new twitter account just for bears posts and posted basically this same thing and people thought I was serious.   

On 5/15/2024 at 9:37 AM, soulman said:

Sorry.....It's an unavoidable consequence of being born in the middle of the last century.

Damn.....when I think about it that way I really do feel old.  Think I need to lay down and take nap now.  💤

dUde ! Are you 75 ??

1000_F_591572096_xj5tUcFCPojZg4LAy3loIZ4

• Like 1

On 5/15/2024 at 10:12 AM, dll2000 said:

I never understood people making fun of people for being old unless tongue in cheek.

It's kind of like, you are hopefully on that same road bud, you just ain't there yet.

or just roast @soulman for being oAf 

hopefully we'll all be 75 and 90  one day 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/15/2024 at 11:15 PM, Sugashane said:

Wife and I are already trying to figure out how to lure our kids and (inevitable but hopefully 20+ years from happening) grandkids abroad with us.

very HIGHLY recommend México. Everything is hellaChEAP (unless you live in Cabo san Lucas) The culture here is such high quality ! Outstanding place for family and kids to grow up 

Edited by SLCbear
  • Like 1

On 5/17/2024 at 2:02 PM, AZBearsFan said:

Let's hope so  

Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2024 at 2:31 PM, dll2000 said:

Basically he could only make more outside of football at this time being a superstar QB in Dallas.

If Prescott had won 2 SBs by now he would be a billionaire.

Chicago is starved for a star QB that wins.  The fan base is really ready to embrace someone.  Fields didn't even win and he got a lot of love and benefits like you said.

Chicago >> Dallas (cowboys)

If Caleb bloWs up in CHICAGO !!

Look Out 

Edited by SLCbear