Bears Officially Select Caleb Williams at 1.1

Sugashane

On 4/27/2024 at 4:52 PM, Madmike90 said:

I think someone take Rice in the 7th as a legacy gamble but the point still remains...clearly everyone through all the success in the passing game was down to Caleb (spoke about it before but his numbers obviously went down a little last year after losing Addison)...

I am even more shocked that one of his OL got drafted in the 6th

I would have been happy to get Brenden Rice and Terique Owens both late just to make their dads wear Bears jerseys. I partially wanted Moss' kid for the same reason (I liked him as a prospect, too, though).

46 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Hey I don't get your username,  can you explain?  

It's a combination of The Bears' name with two of my favorite Star Wars characters Rey & Kylo Ren who, ironically, already go by the portmanteau Reylo.  It's the reason Kylos my avatar and they're my sig.

By the way what's with yours? I get the BEAR part but where does FACE DOWN ARROW fit in to it?

That

42 minutes ago, BeaReylo said:

It's a combination of The Bears' name with two of my favorite Star Wars characters Rey & Kylo Ren who, ironically, already go by the portmanteau Reylo.  It's the reason Kylos my avatar and they're my sig.

By the way what's with yours? I get the BEAR part but where does FACE DOWN ARROW fit in to it?

That probably should have been obvious to me!

It was based on a twitter malfunction from long ago where the emojis "Bear" and "down arrow" weren't working correctly so the Chicago Bears put out a tweet that just said "BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW !" which I thought was pretty funny. I needed to replace "RunningVaccs" which was originally about a joke about Jay Cutler's kids not being able to catch anything but infectious diseases (his joke not mine)  but then stopped being funny for various reasons around 2020. 

51 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

That

That probably should have been obvious to me!

It was based on a twitter malfunction from long ago where the emojis "Bear" and "down arrow" weren't working correctly so the Chicago Bears put out a tweet that just said "BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW !" which I thought was pretty funny. I needed to replace "RunningVaccs" which was originally about a joke about Jay Cutler's kids not being able to catch anything but infectious diseases (his joke not mine)  but then stopped being funny for various reasons around 2020. 

I was wondering what your old name was, i completely forgot.

@BeaReyloi thought yours was “be a Rey lo”.  As in be a king, but with only one word in Spanish.  The lo part i had no idea.

13 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

I was wondering what your old name was, i completely forgot.

@BeaReyloi thought yours was “be a Rey lo”.  As in be a king, but with only one word in Spanish.  The lo part i had no idea.

😆 it's fine bruv.  Unless your into The Galaxy Far Away the Reylo part would confuse you.

4 hours ago, BeaReylo said:

My new screen is going to be Vice Admiral Jar Jar Holdo

Couldn't sleep last night and ran out of other internet to read, so was perusing the general forums here about the Bears.  Seems like a reassuring sign that a strong majority of other team fans that think Caleb will bust are mostly in the NFC North, or, weirdly, still mad that the Bears traded Fields.   Obviously high picks do bust but I don't think there is any special kool aid on here thinking he has a good shot.  Honestly the best argument against him succeeding is just "it's the Bears" which isn't very scientific. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BeaReylo said:

😆 it's fine bruv.  Unless your into The Galaxy Far Away the Reylo part would confuse you.

I thought you were an 80 year old woman named Bea Reylo 

• Like 1

DJ tells all about his throwing session with his new QB:  "Anticipation is there," Moore said. "You can tell that he's expecting us to be open at a certain time. That's gonna be one of the things that's better."

Hopefully he really means that and isn't just saying it to back up Caleb.  Assuming it is true that is great news since it was Justin's biggest sticking point.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/dj-moore-sounds-off-on-new-bears-qb-caleb-williams-after-throwing-session/ar-AA1nWM0E?ocid=msedgntp&pc=U531&cvid=ab0547f2e6134f7494e1fe8f8ecfb33a&ei=29

4 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Couldn't sleep last night and ran out of other internet to read, so was perusing the general forums here about the Bears.  Seems like a reassuring sign that a strong majority of other team fans that think Caleb will bust are mostly in the NFC North, or, weirdly, still mad that the Bears traded Fields.   Obviously high picks do bust but I don't think there is any special kool aid on here thinking he has a good shot.  Honestly the best argument against him succeeding is just "it's the Bears" which isn't very scientific. 

Just watch him play.  

He went to Oklahoma to play behind the Heisman front runner at time and entrenched starter and took his job as a freshman.  Then won the Heisman the next year.  Yeah, he is kinda good thus far.  Objectively.   

People who don't think he is good either don't watch or if they do, don't know what they are looking at.   They are reading or watching other peoples opinions and piggy backing on them.

Or they are following social media mobs and going along.  

The other major factor, at least for many Bears fans, is trade fantasy or imagining of what could have been for 'the haul' combined with keeping hope alive that Fields was one more year away from greatness or would have been great with better teammates.  

In fairness that was a real possibility.  Fields plus a team loaded with early draft picks for next two years might really have been something.  Not going to rehash all the pros and cons of that as that was done in Dec/Jan/Feb/March.   We will never know who was truly correct as the keep Fields and trade the pick world doesn't exist now.  

Obviously, I came down and come down on side of drafting Caleb.  

Nice hearing Poles say they are going to adapt to Caleb’s strengths to utilize him best. Better than Nagy’s “I’m gonna use hyper athletic Fields the exact same way I use Dalton”