2024 NFL Draft Thread

textaz03

Worth mentioning btw that the Cowboys obviously don't have a fourth-round pick and will have to sit through (the way things are at the moment at least) 86 selections until it is there turn again.

If they prioritized Liufau and didn't want to run the risk, so be it.

https://x.com/rjochoa/status/1784059304284213677?s=46&t=ktd6JTByZwOAf6VhdnN4wg

well that makes semi sense I guess 

Here's my take on rounds 1-3 for the Cowboys for what it's worth (not much)

Love Guyton.  There will be growing pains but he's a terrific athlete.  In a couple of years he will emerge as one of the best OT's in this draft.  When you can trade back, get an extra pick, and still address a big need that's a win.

I'm coming around to Kneeland.  We lost a lot of DL depth and let's face it Lawrence isn't playing forever.  Kneeland has enough pass rush to disrupt the pocket and by all reports is good against the run.  Had a good Senior Bowl and combine.  Some reports had him going higher than where Dallas got him.

Beebe is my favorite pick.  Nothing fancy about his game.  He lines up, punches the defender in the mouth and moves the pile.  Will try him at center.  Nothing wrong with drafting linemen.  

Not sure about Liufau.  I think this was a reach.  Not saying he's a bad player just surprised where he was taken.  He will make a mark on special teams.  Reports say he's too aggressive at times.  I'd rather have a player I have to bring down than one who needs motivation.

My big question on day 3 is will Dallas address running back?

So with SF picking a receiver in r1. Would you surrender Tank and next year's second for Deebo or Aiyuk?

For Deebo I might. He compliments CeeDee well. For Aiyuk, he is too similar to CeeDee. 

But I'd be hesitant to move Tank. There is no DE in the league with that kind of motor, and no one.plays with as much relentless tenacity as Tank. He is also the clear leader of the defense. You can't replace either of that so easily. But I can't see SF wanting anyone else that we might be willing to part with.

1 minute ago, Dallas94Ware said:

So with SF picking a receiver in r1. Would you surrender Tank and next year's second for Deebo or Aiyuk?

For Deebo I might. He compliments CeeDee well. For Aiyuk, he is too similar to CeeDee. 

But I'd be hesitant to move Tank. There is no DE in the league with that kind of motor, and no one.plays with as much relentless tenacity as Tank. He is also the clear leader of the defense. You can't replace either of that so easily. But I can't see SF wanting anyone else that we might be willing to part with.

You do realize trades like this virtually never happen in the NFL?

13 hours ago, TVScout said:

He is a high end athlete. And could develop into a very Sam Williams like rotational rusher, or come in on early downs and play the run. He can do it all but perhaps none of it as at high a level as you'd like. If he played at a bigger school there may have been more hype ...

1 minute ago, matt79511 said:

You do realize trades like this virtually never happen in the NFL?

Oh I know. But with those receivers likely on the block now, I'd be hungry to add one if I'm Jerry. In this league you need two #1 quality receivers to really succeed in the playoffs... Or you need Pat Mahomes or Aaron Rodgers. Which is much harder to get than a second #1 receiver

1 minute ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Oh I know. But with those receivers likely on the block now, I'd be hungry to add one if I'm Jerry. In this league you need two #1 quality receivers to really succeed in the playoffs... Or you need Pat Mahomes or Aaron Rodgers. Which is much harder to get than a second #1 receiver

Idk, I think they're higher on Cooks than we are. He and Dak seemed to have that little post route at the goal line down to an art form by the end of last year.

My friend suggested we try to trade Markquese Bell to his old buddy Dan Quinn for Dyami Brown, who's in the last year of his contract, to try to upgrade at WR3. I think a cheap little vet exchange like that is more reasonable than eating $17M to push out D-Law a year early.