2024 NFL Draft Thread

textaz03

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

If he had all of his ACLs most definitely, but I’m out on him in rd2

Yeah like I just told Tony. That's totally fair. Can't argue against that 

To me it's just the draw of having Parsons and him shifting around the front. And if Overshown can do the same as I suspect he can. You have a hell of a chance for some creativity on four front 7. It would be seriously hard on a QB, and the receivers. to get a feel for where those zones are going to be over the middle, and where to assign protections and blitz pickups.

But I feel ya. This team needs a homerun, not a risky pick that could a grand slam or a ground out.

1 minute ago, Dallas94Ware said:

That's fair. I really like his ability to move around and paired with Parsons moving around (if you can convince him to do so) then you kind of have a front 7 version of when New England had Ty Law and zLawyer Milloy in the secondary. Hard to make a read on what their assignment is when they can do easily switch spots, assignments and alignments just as you snap the ball. That was a huge part of New England D in those early 2000s.

That’s exactly why Cooper would’ve been the perfect fit here and they should’ve traded up. I think he’s going to be a great playing alongside GB’s other LB.

And to add to my comment on needing a home run...

Brooks was another chance at a grandslam who's injury history could also turn him into a ground out. As much as I liked his potential and as much as Jerry "loved" him (going so far as to say he was the best 30 interview he's ever had in all his years) it might actually have worked in the teams favor that Carolina made the move for him.

7 minutes ago, Northland said:

Wilson's injury scares me.  Now an instinctive thumper like Colson, combined with Overshown healthy gives the LB room a big boost.

If it's a RB, give me Benson.  

Omg Colson I've been on record as saying I'd have taken him in the late first to add that fifth year, because I think by year 3 he could be on his way to a tremendous payday already. He is my #1 underrated guy of the top 100. I freaking love watching him. People say he is Brian Urlacher. I say phooey. Urlacher didn't drop runners at the point of collision the way Colson can. I say he is more Paul Posluszny meets Mike Singletary. Patrick Willis early in his short career maybe.

Hard nosed. Physical. Not so much fast but his instincts allow him to play quick and get to the ball faster than any of the "faster" options at LB.

Edited by Dallas94Ware

2 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Oh well. Looks like we’re going to have a bum at C. Who knows when we’ll get another great one.

Give me Benson or Colson.

Don't call TJ Bass a bum. I am pretty high on his future. I don't know if it's this year he can put it together, because he really needed to transform his frame from fat to true muscle and that's not always done in just a year ... But all of the traits for an interior OL are there in bulk 

4 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Van Pran from Georgia is good

I'd be cool with Van Pran. But I like Eatmans tweet from this morning...

That by passing on Graham and JPJ may say more about what they think of the potential of Hoffman and Bass at center than it does what they think of Guyton over Barton or Jpj 

I do kind of have an inkling that they consider and even select a receiver here. It's a "sneaky" need with the Jalen's not having really shown much. Cooks still a late career rental. Gallup gone. You don't need to look for a prime guy but a solid depth guy with athleticism who may be raw but can take time to smooth out his route running, but who's athleticism gives him.a chance to be the kind of guy who can break a game open on any single catch...

Not really sure where you guys or they might rank the remaining receivers. But depending on what they feel of Junior Colson and Trey Benson, maybe even Collum, receiver could work.

I’m hella disappointed both Frazier and JPJ went off the board.  Seems like this is a sweet spot for RB, S and LB though and we need all three.  Benson would be a safe, solid choice.  So would jr Colson (Michigan curse?).