Which rookie QB landed in the best/worst spot to succeed?

Maye’s in the worst as of now. Only bright side is he’s probably sitting behind the best bridge guy. Aside from that he’s got a solid TE, WRs that wouldn’t start for most teams, maybe a good running back? And an OL that doesn’t have a LT or firm answers at either guard position. Oh, and a freshly assembled coaching staff. 

Lots to prove. 

Best is probably JJ, the coaching staff and OL being the deciding factors there. But Caleb’s in a loaded spot too, especially for #1 overall.

54 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Our offensive line isn’t bad but our skill players are extremely lacking. Javonte Williams is a shadow of his former self with no legs. He simply can’t move fast enough anymore. Marvin Mims is unproven. Courtland Sutton can’t separate. We have no good pass catcher at TE. Dulcich is made of wet paper.

Maye is in the worst spot. Penix is in the best

Penix isn't likely to be starting for at least 3 years when he's supposed to be "pro ready". He's like 24 right now.

Also the Falcons have an incompetent front office.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Penix isn't likely to be starting for at least 3 years when he's supposed to be "pro ready". He's like 24 right now.

Also the Falcons have an incompetent front office.

Commanders suck, Caleb Williams is an immature dirtbag, and Patriots are worse. I don't care how old Penix is. Completely irrelevant to the discussion. Let's not act like sitting for a few years doesn't do any good 

27 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Commanders suck, Caleb Williams is an immature dirtbag, and Patriots are worse. I don't care how old Penix is. Completely irrelevant to the discussion. Let's not act like sitting for a few years doesn't do any good 

It doesn't with Penix, there's no reason to assume he's going to get substantially better, he's supposed to be pro ready. i.e. he's more or less already peaked. And he's injury prone. 

Commanders probably do suck yeah. Caleb Williams might be immature, but he's still ultra talented and has a great cast around him now.

JJ McCarthy has superior coaching to Penix and the best receiver in the league with a good O Line.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Has a first overall QB ever landed in a better position than Williams just did?

• DJ Moore
  • Keenan Allen
  • Rome Odunze
  • Cole Kmet
  • D'Andre Swift

Bryce Young has to be fuming.

I really don't know, so I'm asking, but has Chicago got an OL yet?  I know what's been one of their issues for awhile right?

52 minutes ago, Raves said:

I really don't know, so I'm asking, but has Chicago got an OL yet?  I know what's been one of their issues for awhile right?

Darnell and Braxton Jones are good pair of OTs

I won't speak to their interior oline

• Like 1

On 4/26/2024 at 6:31 AM, minutemancl said:

Im considering their talent levels as well as QBs.

JJ should be #1 here. He'll sit for a year, learn from KOC, and he's got a good to great offense around him with elite weapons. 

it's so obvious he'll sit, it's even openly stated by Minny, but there are some "analysts" who have said he's immediately in contention for Offensive Rookie of the Year.

whut? lol

On 4/26/2024 at 8:39 AM, naptownskinsfan said:

See, I see this and yeah it’s crazy to see the talent there.  However, as a Washington fan, I just can’t shake the feeling that, for the past 25 years, we haven’t had nice things.  Some thing just happens.  Whether or not it’s bad juju from a terrible owner, the stadium being built on an old Native American burial ground, or just organizational malpractice, I don’t know.  But what I do know is that substantial change doesn’t come until you do a complete makeover in the front office and coaching staff, which is what I’ve seen in the Baltimore Orioles organization as a lifelong Orioles fan. 

No QB in Bears history has passed for over 3838 yards, and no Bears QB has ever passed for 30 touchdowns, and they’re the only team that hasn’t done that.  And yeah, the last one for Washington was Sonny Jurgenson 40 years ago, so I have no room to talk and I’m also down on the Daniels pick.  But my point…….history repeats itself.  You can bring in all of the talent in the world, but what is going to guarantee that history doesnt repeat itself?  I’m not sure the Bears organization is going to sustain putting these players into the best position.  

All bad things come to an end.  Even the Cubs won the World Series eventually!  Hang in there, brother!

14 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

14 hours ago, Danger said:

It doesn't with Penix, there's no reason to assume he's going to get substantially better, he's supposed to be pro ready. i.e. he's more or less already peaked. And he's injury prone. 

Commanders probably do suck yeah. Caleb Williams might be immature, but he's still ultra talented and has a great cast around him now.

JJ McCarthy has superior coaching to Penix and the best receiver in the league with a good O Line.

Hey hey hey knock it off lol. Leave us be lmao

19 hours ago, Monsters of the Midway said:

What a truly bizarre post. You picked Jayden Daniels as the QB in the best spot to succeed based on maybe hiring the right coaching staff and possibly being able to surround him with talent in the future. The same could be said for any QB, if they have the right coaches and an infusion of talent to the roster later they would have a chance to succeed. Those are big ifs however and completely ignores the current state of the teams the QBs went to.

Washington has the talent to win a lot of games, if they have a QB that is actually "good". If the Offensive Line is just average, compared to the worst crapfest we saw last year? That will be huge!

They've had a good Free Agency & are absolutely killing the draft.

They are implementing players for their RPO offense that Kingsberry runs.

If they improve their Defense, which was 32nd last year? Which I presume will happen with Dan Quinn as Head Coach.

Our coaching last year was abysmal. We are cleaning house & I expect us to be sneaky good this year. At least I'm hoping.