Draft Day 2:

JetsandI

11 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Move up for WR pls

Yeah, having 6 go off the board in round one and knowing several teams will also be targeting WR (Buffalo et al), JD may be getting nervous.  I think a trade up is coming.  I know it is a deep class, but if they are looking for a future starter to compliment Wilson, waiting until 72 is a gamble.

18 minutes ago, xrade said:

Yeah, having 6 go off the board in round one and knowing several teams will also be targeting WR (Buffalo et al), JD may be getting nervous.  I think a trade up is coming.  I know it is a deep class, but if they are looking for a future starter to compliment Wilson, waiting until 72 is a gamble.

Stock pilled plenty of mid round picks to try and jump up

Look for the Jets to use some draft capitol from 2025 to acquire a WR from SF. Deebo Samuel is supposedly on the trading block and during the draft tried to move him. The question is are the Jets interested enough to send some of next years draft capitol to SF for a player of Deebos caliber?

In round 3 if the Jets don't move up I'm okay with a double dip on the OL with the best available WR/QB/G/DT who would be available. 

Christian Mahogany G

Luke Orhorhoro DT/ Carter DT

Roman Wilson WR, McCaffery, or 

Spencer Rattler QB, but doubt he is there for them.

I really hope that we hold onto most of those picks. Maybe dealing three with a 2nd next year to move up into the second this year. I want us to keep stocking young, cheap depth. Those 4ths allow us to take some projection players without killing us if they don't hit. Burning a third and two 4ths in a move up is really shrinking our draft class quite a bit.

3 minutes ago, drew39k said:

I really hope that we hold onto most of those picks. Maybe dealing three with a 2nd next year to move up into the second this year. I want us to keep stocking young, cheap depth. Those 4ths allow us to take some projection players without killing us if they don't hit. Burning a third and two 4ths in a move up is really shrinking our draft class quite a bit.

Think a 3rd, 4th and future 3rd might get us mid way in the 2nd

1 hour ago, Big T said:

Look for the Jets to use some draft capitol from 2025 to acquire a WR from SF. Deebo Samuel is supposedly on the trading block and during the draft tried to move him. The question is are the Jets interested enough to send some of next years draft capitol to SF for a player of Deebos caliber?

In round 3 if the Jets don't move up I'm okay with a double dip on the OL with the best available WR/QB/G/DT who would be available. 

Christian Mahogany G

Luke Orhorhoro DT/ Carter DT

Roman Wilson WR, McCaffery, or 

Spencer Rattler QB, but doubt he is there for them.

Samuel will not be that hard to get. he is looking at a 21 mill hit next year on the cap and he is not even a true WR. When you have to make plays up for him and a lot of bubble screens and swing passes tells me he struggles getting open on a regular base when you have a great RB and a good WR on the field with him. I think a 5th or 6th round pick would get him. 

33 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Samuel will not be that hard to get. he is looking at a 21 mill hit next year on the cap and he is not even a true WR. When you have to make plays up for him and a lot of bubble screens and swing passes tells me he struggles getting open on a regular base when you have a great RB and a good WR on the field with him. I think a 5th or 6th round pick would get him. 

Do you trust Hackett to cook up unique plays for him? I don’t rather keep any potential draft capital for a trade up for a WR

• Like 1

I'm cool with trading up or sitting with our current picks. JD has done such a good job, my only concern is the safety position, WLB, and OG depth, and a young QB. Special teams blockers and returners will be important to me this year because of the new rules. If you have solid blockers and a returner who can make 1-2 people miss, he's getting the TD every time. Gibson maybe great here, but adding competition is on my radar. Either in the draft or UDFA. 

Hard pass on Deebo Samuel.

I totally forget about Troy Franklin.  Him, Tez Walker or AD Mitchell are intriguing.   Malachi Corley or Malik Washington can be stronger upgrade to Xavier Gipson.

A plenty of IOL options as I would expect a domino effect tonight. Same for CB.   It can help moving WR prospects back into 3rd. I hope.

19 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm cool with trading up or sitting with our current picks. JD has done such a good job, my only concern is the safety position, WLB, and OG depth, and a young QB. Special teams blockers and returners will be important to me this year because of the new rules. If you have solid blockers and a returner who can make 1-2 people miss, he's getting the TD every time. Gibson maybe great here, but adding competition is on my radar. Either in the draft or UDFA. 

S pool is rich so anyone can be had tomorrow.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

S pool is rich so anyone can be had tomorrow.

I agree, that's why I'm comfortable with sitting still. I feel like we can still pull starting caliber WR, Safety, LB, DT, and OG with the picks we have. At the same time, I understand trading up for a early difference maker at one of these positions. I see 5-6 OGs who maybe able to compete with Simpson day 1. 

Coleman, McConkey, Mitchell, Polk, McMillan, Franklin, Baker, and Corley seem perfect for our WR situation. 

Pratt, Plummer, Travis, and Milton are the QBs I'm interested in. I have to check Plummer's age because some of these QBs are basically 30 in the draft now. 

All my favorite DTs and LBs are still on the board. 

I'm happy right now. 

• Like 1