NFCN Rivals 2024

dll2000

If you were Jordan Love would you risk playing this year for 13.5?

They might promise you moon and tag you next year.

You could get badly hurt or not play as well as end of last year.

If it is me I hold out for a deal along lines of what Lawrence just got.  Strike while iron is hot.   They will give in.  

• Like 4

8 hours ago, dll2000 said:

If you were Jordan Love would you risk playing this year for 13.5?

They might promise you moon and tag you next year.

You could get badly hurt or not play as well as end of last year.

If it is me I hold out for a deal along lines of what Lawrence just got.  Strike while iron is hot.   They will give in.  

I'd do the same. I'd argue I was already team-first by agreeing to the "micro deal" and would dig my heels in.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I'd do the same. I'd argue I was already team-first by agreeing to the "micro deal" and would dig my heels in.

The time for that leverage play is just before camp IMO. 

• Like 2

VikingzFanPage@vikingzfanpage

Vikings CB Khyree Jackson: “Show me when Rome scored on me please. He had good games vs our defense but 1 on 1 vs me…. I’ll wait.”

The rivalry continues in the NFC North

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Vikings CB Khyree Jackson: “Show me when Rome scored on me please. He had good games vs our defense but 1 on 1 vs me…. I’ll wait.”

I love it! Rivalries is what makes the games more exciting!

On 6/15/2024 at 8:28 PM, vike daddy said:

Jeremy Fowler, ESPN:

Sam Darnold, the Vikings believe that there is untapped potential here, that there’s a lot of ability. He’s never had a supporting cast quite like this. So they believe he can not only start games but potentially thrive if everything goes well.”

"So their plan would be to sit J.J. McCarthy to a unknown amount of games, whether it’s a full season, however many games, they believe that if he could learn a high volume passing system behind the scenes, at least for a little bit, it would be good for him.”

https://www.minnesotasportsfan.com/mn-vikings-rumors-sam-darnold-jj-mccarthy-news/?

I'm actually very interested in how things go with Darnold.  People forget that he was the #3 overall pick in the draft, so he had immense potential.  He just ended up going to a complete dumpster fire in New Jersey.  Then he ended up on another dumpster fire in Carolina.  He has great weapons now, but the biggest thing going for him in Minnesota, is a great offensive mind in Kevin O'Connell.  He could end up being a very good QB that the Vikings got for a song.  Stranger things have happened.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/27/2024 at 3:36 PM, vike daddy said:

When is the first Bears vs Vikes game?  Jackson sound kinda impatient to get owned.  😁

Edited by soulman
  • Like 1

On 7/4/2024 at 4:05 AM, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

I'm actually very interested in how things go with Darnold.  People forget that he was the #3 overall pick in the draft, so he had immense potential.  He just ended up going to a complete dumpster fire in New Jersey.  Then he ended up on another dumpster fire in Carolina.  He has great weapons now, but the biggest thing going for him in Minnesota, is a great offensive mind in Kevin O'Connell.  He could end up being a very good QB that the Vikings got for a song.  Stranger things have happened.

It’s possible he could be great still.

I thought same thing a few years back and wanted Bears to trade for him.  But he didn’t look good in Carolina and didn’t win job in SF though given opportunity.  He was competing against Trey Lance and a rehabbing Purdy.  Not exactly Montana and Young ahead of him on depth chart.  Though I think Purdy is an underrated QB.   Shanahan sung his praises, but didn’t try to keep him.  Actions speak louder than words. 

The evidence to date says otherwise.  He has had 3 chances and amazingly is getting a 4th.   He is much more likely a journeyman spot starter and back up than a top starter in league.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2024 at 4:36 PM, vike daddy said:

On 6/27/2024 at 5:03 PM, BeaReylo said:

I love it! Rivalries is what makes the games more exciting!

12 hours ago, soulman said:

When is the first Bears vs Vikes came?  Jackson sound kinda impatient to get owned.  😁

Khyree died in a car accident overnight

36 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Khyree died in a car accident overnight

Wow, that sucks. Sounds like two of his HS teammates also died in the same accident. The mind goes straight to alcohol and/or speed, hoping neither. RIP.

36 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Wow, that sucks. Sounds like two of his HS teammates also died in the same accident. The mind goes straight to alcohol and/or speed, hoping neither. RIP.

From a report i read you are correct (speed and alcohol), though it was from the driver of another vehicle that struck the one Jackson was a passenger in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

From a report i read you are correct (speed and alcohol), though it was from the driver of another vehicle that struck the one Jackson was a passenger in.

Senseless....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dafreak said:

Senseless....

The photos of the car he was in on TMZ are absolutely crazy. It was hit at a high rate of speed by someone changing lanes but it looks like it was smashed by a car dropped above them somehow.