2024 Round 3, Pick 67: OT/OG, Brandon Coleman, TCU

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

Adam Peters specifically said that Coleman will play Tackle for us. They trust their evaluations and believe he will succeed at that position.

He's definitely more of an OT. In 2022 he started at LT at TCU. Last year he started at LG as they moved someone else to LT but it didn't work out & Coleman spent most of the year at LT again.

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

Adam Peters specifically said that Coleman will play Tackle for us. They trust their evaluations and believe he will succeed at that position.

Wow, sure hope we don't force a square peg into a round hole kinda thing. Can't declare him a tackle cause you're desperate for a L T .. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Wow, sure hope we don't force a square peg into a round hole kinda thing. Can't declare him a tackle cause you're desperate for a L T .. 

He’ll be Lucas’s backup. It's not a square peg into a round hole when Coleman was a starter at LT the last 2 years at TCU & his greatest attribute is his athleticism.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2024 at 9:32 AM, RSkinGM said:

Agree.  There is a reason he got moved back to guard.  Maybe he can be a star LT but I hope they don't force it.  If he is a LG then we can use a top flight LG too.  

The wildcard for me. He really impressed at the Senior Bowl Practices. Keep repeating myself but if he’s our starting LT this will be a huge. Like I said, for me this draft would be a bigger success than it is already if that happens. 

• Like 2

On 4/29/2024 at 3:54 PM, ARTMONK HOF said:

The wildcard for me. He really impressed at the Senior Bowl Practices. Keep repeating myself but if he’s our starting LT this will be a huge. Like I said, for me this draft would be a bigger success than it is already if that happens. 

That's a good way to look at it. If Coleman beats out Lucas & Scott to be our LT and keeps us from signing a David B, Donovan Smith or Himphries then that's a good sign for what they think of Coleman, his development & what kind of player hell develop into for us.

• Like 1