Round 3 Pick 84 Steelers Draft WR Roman Wilson 5'11 185

1 hour ago, Chieferific said:

Again, a really good player. But does he fit in AS's scheme? That's my only concern. 

Why do most feel Arthur Smith uses big WRs in his system? Look at the rosters when he was OC and you'll be surprised. Also, if you're worried about effort and run blocking, remember he played for Harbaugh at Michigan.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Why do most feel Arthur Smith uses big WRs in his system? Look at the rosters when he was OC and you'll be surprised. Also, if you're worried about effort and run blocking, remember he played for Harbaugh at Michigan.

Not worried about blocking. I just know his best fit is in the Slot. He may be capable outside. I am hopeful. 

45 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Not worried about blocking. I just know his best fit is in the Slot. He may be capable outside. I am hopeful. 

Gotcha. We have some other guys who can make an impact at WR so some players will show to us their worth.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

I have come around on Roman Wilson.  Better 3 cone  than DJ so he can be sudden.  Just never had to show it in college much

I think he didn't have to show much of anything at Michigan. The system was built on the run so much. 

2 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think he didn't have to show much of anything at Michigan. The system was built on the run so much. 

As it will here, which is why I think he can make a good WR2 quickly.

Let's be blunt....Roman Wilson is NOT better at Calvin Austin III. A3 is a better route runner and runs every route well. Austin is a better deep threat and tracks the ball better. I like the Wilson pick but reality is, CA3 is the better WR so far.

7 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Let's be blunt....Roman Wilson is NOT better at Calvin Austin III. A3 is a better route runner and runs every route well. Austin is a better deep threat and tracks the ball better. I like the Wilson pick but reality is, CA3 is the better WR so far.

No offense but he hasn't proven jack to be able to say this.  Neither has Wilson, but to say this that definitively without quality play in 2 years is a bit of a reach.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

No offense but he hasn't proven jack to be able to say this.  Neither has Wilson, but to say this that definitively without quality play in 2 years is a bit of a reach.

None taken. As prospects, CA3 was a better WR than Wilson. Film don't lie. CA played 2 years under the worst OC in NFL history and 1 year he was injured so you're right as far as NFL production. Talent wise? CA3 is the better talent.

I think people underestimate the importance of the mind over body. If Austin’s mind was on par with his body, he would have done something by now. Wilson has the it factor, he’s a winner.