Round 3 Pick 84 Steelers Draft WR Roman Wilson 5'11 185

I really hate that team up north but absolutely love Roman Wilson. If you give him #86 and put a permanent smile on his face you’ll swear he’s Hines Ward. I never saw him shy away from a block, he gets great separation, has great hands, and is faster than you think. Is he a #2? Maybe, but he’ll kill you in the slot running crosses and you’ll get 110% effort on every play. Personally I believe he can be a #2

• Like 1

Maybe I’m one of a few, but I believe R Wilson can be our #2.  If he adds 10 lbs he’ll be the same height and weight as Hines was, runs good routes and gets separation, has great hands, and is a very willing blocker. He’s actually bigger than Dionte is, don’t know why people are sleeping on him outside. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SteelersFan2333 said:

I really hate that team up north but absolutely love Roman Wilson. If you give him #86 and put a permanent smile on his face you’ll swear he’s Hines Ward. I never saw him shy away from a block, he gets great separation, has great hands, and is faster than you think. Is he a #2? Maybe, but he’ll kill you in the slot running crosses and you’ll get 110% effort on every play. Personally I believe he can be a #2

Except A. Smiths offense runs 3 WR about 2% of the time.  He must be an outside WR to work in A. Smiths scheme he has show for the last 10 years

4 hours ago, warfelg said:

He's gonna be fine.

I got to look at him a little more . The thing i got out of it the most is awareness of how to win the down to keep the chains moving to win the game, this is the antithesis of Diontae Johnson. The thing of all things that frustrated me with Diontae was to be blunt he wasnt football bright or aware almost ignorant to the things that mattered for winning the game. 

On the opposite spectrum I see two players that come to mind albeit a faster more athletically gifted player : Hunter Renfrow & Hines Ward. 

Im not all jumping on board with the pick because do we have Qbs and an offense that will actually get value out of him. Im sure Tom Brady wouldve loved him. 

I dont exactly love his route running and separation ability but he finds spaces and completes plays. 

On a side note : dont ever get just the browsing wifi service on the plane (Spirit) in this case , its like using the internet in 1998, no joke. Pay the extra $3 for the “streaming” service, which isnt exactly “hi speed “ but tolerable. Maybe the rest of you knew but i hadnt. 

Edited by JustPlainNasty
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Except A. Smiths offense runs 3 WR about 2% of the time.  He must be an outside WR to work in A. Smiths scheme he has show for the last 10 years

Wow i hadnt seen or heard that comp before i mentioned it . I figured others have suggested Renfrow

13 minutes ago, jebrick said:

As I said, I believe he can be a #2 and reminds me of a much faster Hines Ward. Hines only ran a 4.55 but found a way to get open, Wilson ran a 4.39 and has the same ability to get open

2 minutes ago, SteelersFan2333 said:

As I said, I believe he can be a #2 and reminds me of a much faster Hines Ward. Hines only ran a 4.55 but found a way to get open, Wilson ran a 4.39 and has the same ability to get open

Hines like Heath and Meuth were technically always open in tight spaces , they caught the ball regardless of who was draped on theM, hitting theM or the tight the situtation sideline etc. Hands , confidence and clutch gene. I can see that in his game. 

With ATL and even the Titans days with AJ Brown and Corey Davis, the main weapons of the offense were bigger bodies types…Wilson is the exact opposite of that.

I like the player but it’s an odd fit.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, AFF said:

With ATL and even the Titans days with AJ Brown and Corey Davis, the main weapons of the offense were bigger bodies types…Wilson is the exact opposite of that.

I like the player but it’s an odd fit.

It’s ok, we’re going to get the Wilson trifecta and take Johnny Wilson in a few minutes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

I think that's kind of an outdated way of thinking. The way Smith talks, he doesn't seems to be worried about if Wilson is an outside guy or an inside guy. With all the motions and condensed formations that are run today there isn't really the same positions of WR as there used to be. I think Wilson and Pickens can absolutely play as the only two WRs on the field at any given time. The kid can get open, he'll block, he's a team first guy, he's got GREAT hands, he's a hands catcher. I don't think we need another "outside" WR. We watched Diontae Johnson play the outside spot for the last 5 years and he's basically a weaker, slower, worse catcher than Wilson. 

• Like 1