Round 3 Pick 84 Steelers Draft WR Roman Wilson 5'11 185

8 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Anywho, I think his full tape is better than his fan perception at this moment. That's all. 

I feel like it’s about right though which to use your own words and seeming perception is roleplayer. 

8 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I've mentioned above it has nothing to do with route running. If he does nothing different this should be at minimum a 10-12 yard play. Now, imagine if he was given the plays like that and improved from his first action in the NFL to the next year?

I would still think the same thing of him to be honest. Needs to improve his route running, get cleaner at that, translate that athleticism to the field.  

I feel you going to a play again highlights why we agree on role (roleplayer) for different reasons (what he can control vs what he can’t). I think in the case of the play you picked it was the right playcall (deep in) vs the right defense (looks like a cover 3/4,  mostly zone) with bad QB play. I personally don’t feel that works against man all that well. 

So agree to disagree on how we get there but I feel like we’re in agreement of what he is in meaning to the team. 

32 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I did...he is wide open by NFL standards. It's literally why I shared it.

I've mentioned above it has nothing to do with route running. If he does nothing different this should be at minimum a 10-12 yard play. Now, imagine if he was given the plays like that and improved from his first action in the NFL to the next year?

Anywho, I think his full tape is better than his fan perception at this moment. That's all. 

@bigben07MVP found this one while I was cruising around twitter from last year and thought I'd share. Looks a lot like what we had hoped after that senior bowl tape:

I would just really like to see what he is in his second year of action. I think his ceiling is a #3 receiver, but I'd like to see what growth comes in year 2 (read:3).

Jesus Kenny Pickett was awful. That rep is definitely encouraging though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Those videos are giving me PTSD. I was trying to forget about the Pickler. 

Oh, these are only the misses to Calvin Austin that I can find through twitter. Would you like me to expand my search? 

😈

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Those videos are giving me PTSD. I was trying to forget about the Pickler. 

thanks to Khan/Weidl, KP was a 2 year fail RD1 pick. If colbert was here, KP would be here for 4 years starting most and reminding us of all the other failed RD1 picks i recent times that played out their rookie contract 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 3rivers said:

thanks to Khan/Weidl, KP was a 2 year fail RD1 pick. If colbert was here, KP would be here for 4 years starting most and reminding us of all the other failed RD1 picks i recent times that played out their rookie contract 

That's the best part of a new GM sometimes.  They kick the trash out faster than the previous regime would've.

• Like 1

today they decide if Najee gets the 5th year.  whats everyone think will happen?

Najee really had a strong finish to the season, then only to get a new OC and scheme.  How will this work ? 

smith should keep some of those run plays that worked for Najee for this new OL and watch how that works

4 hours ago, 3rivers said:

today they decide if Najee gets the 5th year.  whats everyone think will happen?

Najee really had a strong finish to the season, then only to get a new OC and scheme.  How will this work ? 

smith should keep some of those run plays that worked for Najee for this new OL and watch how that works

I would pick it up.  That way you got him locked up for another year.  I think I read around 7 mill is what it would cost?  That's not bad for a 1 year guarantee of a young, solid player, in his prime.  I just read an article on it, after trying to see what the # would be (6.79 mill) and they said that they could decline it to make him kick it in the butt in a contract year to get the most out of him, and then they could resign him to a long term deal after the season.  It's also fully guaranteed if they pick it up.  So, I can see both sides after reading that article.  After looking at it from that regard, I'd probably decline.  Motivation this year, and then can sign him afterwards.  It could backfire though, for sure.  

Najee just turned 26 in March.  So next season will be 27.  So he'd be hitting FA at age 28, if you picked the 5th year option up.  That's meaning I'd only sign him to a deal where he had much guaranteed money in the first 2 seasons only.  30+ = decline, and looking to replace him.  Short shelf life on RBs is a killer when it comes to that 2nd contract.  Now, if you signed him to a 4 year deal after THIS season, then you're have him at ages 27, 28, 29, 30 under that contract.  Perfect timing.  

it would be 1 less early need if they keep 22

see how it goes this year with the new OL and scheme. I expect he will have a good year, but never know. With coaches thinking of Fields doing KR and Moore starting at LT, we never know until it happens