Day 3 draft thread

Ty21

I won’t say I’m “excited” for a punter, but I’m pleased with this.  Fills a need and he’s the best prospect in the draft at that position.  Value in the 4th round?  Not great, but we’ll be ok.

17 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

IOWA in the house!!!

Taylor is the elite of the elite at what he does...

Poles hates this draft after the top 10 hahahaha

Funny thing is Rehkow may be just as good, both FBS all-time greats (Rehkow 2nd and Taylor 6th net avg) ...Rehkow likely benefiting from kicking in Utah altitude tho

These are SURE weapons, that will help Day 1, likely dominate day 1 for 10+ years ...too good to pass on, esp in a these crapshoot rounds 

2 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

Funny thing is Rehkow may be just as good, both FBS all-time greats (Rehkow 2nd and Taylor 6th net avg) ...Rehkow likely benefiting from kicking in Utah altitude tho

These are SURE weapons, that will help Day 1, likely dominate day 1 for 10+ years ...too good to pass on, esp in a these crapshoot rounds 

Yeah I think Taylor is much more of a sure thing because he punts in similar conditions

• Like 2

Love the Taylor pick for 2 reasons. First, we draft a player that will actually have an impact on the game as opposed to someone who may or may not even make the roster. Second, Hub Arkush hates the pick and that makes me happy.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

HELLL YEAHHHHHH

Give me my flowers !!!!!

flowers-for-you.gif

Well done on calling that man. 

I have mixed feelings on the pick. I would have picked Araiza up WAY earlier before KC even took interest. But dude has an absolute boot so I can't complain. 

Manu was the guy I was looking at. I'm a big fan of Parcell's Planet Theory. Hicks, Hart, Rice, Braelon Allen and Johnny Wilson are all who I would have been looking at with him. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

With that said, a lot of talent on the board to pass up for a punter.

Given positional importance, Taylor better be a special special teamer. 

Taylor and Rehkow are legit All-Time FBS greats, #6 and #2 respectively  

I think Rehkow benefitted greatly kicking in thin air Utah 

both are special, both are HUgE guys too ...6'4 and 6'5 235  

22 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

I won’t say I’m “excited” for a punter, but I’m pleased with this.  Fills a need and he’s the best prospect in the draft at that position.  Value in the 4th round?  Not great, but we’ll be ok.

he was ranked around 130 

Rehkow around 230

47 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

What a dumb ******* pick by the Bears

Hicks, Kamara, Wingo, Booker, Rice on the board and they take this dip****

You will come around. Just think, everytime we punt, there will be excitement ha ha

And I remember you complaining about O'Donnell game after game and Gill has been even worse.. 

Time to fix the position 😎

48 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

With that said, a lot of talent on the board to pass up for a punter.

I disagree here. There were a few guys who have some potential, but for the most part everyone left in the draft is going to be out of the league in 3 years or a backup at best unless they land in the perfect situation. This draft is BAD, just devoid of talent.

Taylor is one guy who is a clear and immediate upgraded, plus he can help us on every single Sunday, not a single other player left that can do that

Great pick here. Being mad because we draft a punter in the 4th is such a fossilized way of thinking. 

• Like 4