2024 Draft: #129, RB Isaac Guerendo, Louisville

Forge

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

My feelings on Guerendo for the most part:

YARN | If he's a good hitter, why doesn't he hit good? | Moneyball (2011) |  Video gifs by quotes | 616a2436 | 紗

He had a legit awesome YPC on outside zone carries. When he wasn't running outside zone, it was a lot of nothing. And for having a background as a wide receiver in the past, I didn't see those skills on tape. But he could have an outsized Mostert-like impact if you just him run some outside zones explosively. Mitchell replacement in this regard.

Just now, JIllg said:

He had a legit awesome YPC on outside zone carries. When he wasn't running outside zone, it was a lot of nothing. And for having a background as a wide receiver in the past, I didn't see those skills on tape. But he could have an outsized Mostert-like impact if you just him run some outside zones explosively. Mitchell replacement in this regard.

Mostert was actually what I said as well when we were doing the mock drafts a few weeks ago. I don't think there's any creativity here. You point the gun and that's where the bullet goes. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Mostert was actually what I said as well when we were doing the mock drafts a few weeks ago. I don't think there's any creativity here. You point the gun and that's where the bullet goes. 

Absolutely right.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Also if Guerendo can run a good choice route (as a former WR) and be Mostert-y, that's a fine first half or third of a McCaffery replacement team. He has good hands for my eyes. Louisville just didn't ask him do much more than screens and flats.

• Like 1

What are the chances that guerendo can play FB? Seems like his best attributes are his speed and his pass pro. His size should translate to FB. He doesn't exactly navigate traffic well, so perhaps that is not the plan. 

He's probably our KR though. We now have multiple guys who can return punts and kicks. That's great news. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, N4L said:

What are the chances that guerendo can play FB? Seems like his best attributes are his speed and his pass pro. His size should translate to FB. He doesn't exactly navigate traffic well, so perhaps that is not the plan. 

He's probably our KR though. We now have multiple guys who can return punts and kicks. That's great news. 

I thought about the same thing.  Gotta respect the wheel when he is back there with that speed.   

I didn't think about returner.  With the new rules, running in a straight line to a spot with a big, fast dude isn't a horrible idea

Trading up for a RB like this in this draft just seems like overkill. He's 220 lbs but I don't see him running through people or breaking tackles. This is my least favorite pick. They do this crap every draft LoL. 

It seems like they try to find RBs that fit their specific plays and scheme instead of just getting a talented, good consensus RB and making it work. 

Edited by WhyAmIHere

1 hour ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Trading up for a RB like this in this draft just seems like overkill. He's 220 lbs but I don't see him running through people or breaking tackles. This is my least favorite pick. They do this crap every draft LoL. 

It seems like they try to find RBs that fit their specific plays and scheme instead of just getting a talented, good consensus RB and making it work. 

I don't think IG is here to be the bellcow or the RB of the future.

I think he's here initially for his speed and ability on STs and maybe see if he could handle some of Juice's responsibilities in certain packages.

CMC, Mitchell & Taylor, Jr. will probably the three main backs.

IG is probably battling Mason as the STs RB who gets activated on gamedays.

• Like 1