Titans Draft CB Jarvis Brownless With Pick 146

The pick I kind of expected once KAD got sniped.  Decent player, will be a depth CB who rotates in for a while.  Not a bad pick, but not a great pick.

Small, not particularly athletic, but good on the field player.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Our defense definitely looks much improved.  I like our CB rotation a lot.

Wish we could’ve landed an edge in FA. Not a fan of Key as a starter and Weaver sucks. Definitely need to land a starting caliber safety after the draft.

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Wish we could’ve landed an edge in FA. Not a fan of Key as a starter and Weaver sucks. Definitely need to land a starting caliber safety after the draft.

Add a vet (or two) like Tyus Bowser/Yannick Ngaukoe/Emmanuel Ogbah to go with Landry/Key/Weaver and hope Dennard Wilson can scheme pressure like the Ravens did last year with guys like KVN and Clowney.

And fortunately for us, the safety free agent market still has guys out there who can be a starter for us this year.

First and foremost, the Titans' choice of Brownlee is a testament to their deep understanding of the intricacies of quantum physics. You see, by selecting a cornerback in the fifth round, the Titans have effectively created a wormhole that will allow them to travel back in time and choose a player from the future. This, in turn, will give them a competitive edge as they'll be able to see how their opponents' plays unfold before they even happen. It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for 'em.

Furthermore, the Titans' decision to draft Brownlee is a nod to the ancient art of Feng Shui. By adding a player with a name that starts with "J" to their roster, the Titans have achieved perfect balance in their team's chi. This will undoubtedly lead to increased harmony on the field and, more importantly, a higher likelihood of winning the Super Bowl. After all, it's common knowledge that the key to success in football is aligning one's team with the principles of ancient Chinese philosophy.

Lastly, let's not forget the psychological impact of this pick on the Titans' opponents. With the addition of Brownlee, the Titans have sent a clear message to the rest of the league: "We're not afraid to make unconventional decisions, and we're coming for you." This will undoubtedly strike fear into the hearts of their rivals, causing them to second-guess their own strategies and ultimately leading to their downfall. It's a classic case of psychological warfare, and the Titans are winning.

In conclusion, the Tennessee Titans' selection of Jarvis Brownlee Jr. in the fifth round of the 2024 NFL Draft is a stroke of genius that will go down in history as one of the greatest draft picks of all time. And if you disagree, well, you're just not thinking fourth-dimensionally enough.

I really haven't been thinking outside the box enough with this draft.

19 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yeah, we still have a lot of holes.

Despite Sweat, we still are pretty thin at DL.  Need another guy there to be complete.

I think Edge is not that bad.  Key is a low end starter for sure, but I think Weaver is better than he was last year.  He looked solid in 22.  I don't think we want him as our Edge 3, but it's not awful.

Safety needs work, but I think we're passable there.  Molden can be a low end starter, and some of our depth guys were like, they belong on a roster guys.

ILB is where it is.  Murray, we'll see, but Gray is a long term starter.

OL is much better.  I think we're set at 4 of the 5 spots, and hoping Bill makes a starter at RT out of Radunz, NPF, or Duncan.  We need a backup center though.

RB I think is set, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Haskins upgraded.

TE we have Chig, but they may wait to see what Whyle has.  Still need a blocker, and a guy that can block and catch would be great.

WR is good if no one is injured, but will be a need again next year.  I think we'll see something from Burks/Dowell/Phillips at the back end.  But we do have a legit No. 1, No. 2, and No. 4.  Still definitely need help there.

We might be able to patch one, maybe two of those issues with our remaining picks.  But we're late in the process now, so it's probably just depth at this point.  Part of rebuilding is not being able to fix everything, and we're going to have to depend on rookie contribution right away, and on some of our still young guys improving.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, we still have a lot of holes.

Despite Sweat, we still are pretty thin at DL.  Need another guy there to be complete.

I think Edge is not that bad.  Key is a low end starter for sure, but I think Weaver is better than he was last year.  He looked solid in 22.  I don't think we want him as our Edge 3, but it's not awful.

Safety needs work, but I think we're passable there.  Molden can be a low end starter, and some of our depth guys were like, they belong on a roster guys.

ILB is where it is.  Murray, we'll see, but Gray is a long term starter.

OL is much better.  I think we're set at 4 of the 5 spots, and hoping Bill makes a starter at RT out of Radunz, NPF, or Duncan.  We need a backup center though.

RB I think is set, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Haskins upgraded.

TE we have Chig, but they may wait to see what Whyle has.  Still need a blocker, and a guy that can block and catch would be great.

WR is good if no one is injured, but will be a need again next year.  I think we'll see something from Burks/Dowell/Phillips at the back end.  But we do have a legit No. 1, No. 2, and No. 4.  Still definitely need help there.

We might be able to patch one, maybe two of those issues with our remaining picks.  But we're late in the process now, so it's probably just depth at this point.  Part of rebuilding is not being able to fix everything, and we're going to have to depend on rookie contribution right away, and on some of our still young guys improving.

yeah, i might have gone in a different direction here or there but overall it’s kind of tough to complain about the overall product. this is a lot of change in the roster for one offseason, which is exactly what needed to happen.

• Like 1