NFL General - Steelers Forum

steelcurtain29

2 hours ago, JPeezy55 said:

If Rashaan Evans and LVE are gone at 28. Would you be okay with Justin Reid as the pick?

Yes.  I would be willing to bet he is the pick if they are gone.  He has everything the Steelers look for.  Size, athletic ability, smarts, and he is an underclassmen.  He is also that centerfield the we need at FS.

3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don’t think it makes Bryant expendable. He’s most likely be replacing the injured Rogers. I’ll 

I think he would be fine as our number 3 WR.  I’m not sure we need to go all out for a #4 WR.  Also,  I find it highly unlikely Austin would settle for a #4 role.

14 minutes ago, Blitzburgh said:

Yes.  I would be willing to bet he is the pick if they are gone.  He has everything the Steelers look for.  Size, athletic ability, smarts, and he is an underclassmen.  He is also that centerfield the we need at FS.

Also,  I take Reid over LVE any day. LVE is a 2nd-3rd round talent.  He is over hyped by the box score scouts and bc of his combine.

Again unconfirmed (same source as who we had meetings with):

Steelers are closer to trading Bryant than ever before, and it sounds like it’s dependent on extensions. He’s saying the interest in Tavon is to replace the speed element. 

25 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Again unconfirmed (same source as who we had meetings with):

Steelers are closer to trading Bryant than ever before, and it sounds like it’s dependent on extensions. He’s saying the interest in Tavon is to replace the speed element. 

I'm very intrigued, I trust the FO. I assume if Bryant is traded we will see WR in the first 3-4 rounds 

26 minutes ago, JPeezy55 said:

I'm very intrigued, I trust the FO. I assume if Bryant is traded we will see WR in the first 3-4 rounds 

I would doubt it. Maybe late rounds. And their trade history is spotty at best. So I’m not a blind truster. 

the rumor is that the Steelers are interested in acquiring Tavon Austin in free agency. I think he's the type of guy that could actually fit Pittsburgh's offense. We like to do 'flashy' fast paced stuff, that's right up Austin's alley. Sure he is a gimmick, special situation guy plus a KR/PR  but I think he could be worth a shot.

Rogers was injured in the playoffs i believe. As far as Bryant, if the return value was good enough, I wouldn't be upset if we traded him.

He was referencing physical traits not skills. 

One of the greatest ones with this was Jerry Rice. Ran a reported 4.66 40, and fell far on a lot of boards. He always said running alone didn’t push him to run fast. But when chased he was fast because he knew he just had to outrun the guy behind him. 

Archived