NFL General - Steelers Forum

steelcurtain29

9 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

What can you all tell me about Mason Rudolph. It seems like the Pittsburgh Steelers staff is very interested in potentially making him a draft pick so first of all would he replace Landry Jones and secondly is he someone that is truly capable of replacing Ben Roethlisberger in the long term

Big, strong arm, great touch, very accurate.  Didn't play from under center, makes a few bad decisions, will need overhaul on footwork.  He's a bit like Ben when he came out in terms of a big athlete with a good arm that needs some work.  He's my 4th best QB in this class.

4 hours ago, wwhickok said:

What can you all tell me about Mason Rudolph. It seems like the Pittsburgh Steelers staff is very interested in potentially making him a draft pick so first of all would he replace Landry Jones and secondly is he someone that is truly capable of replacing Ben Roethlisberger in the long term

Reading this where??

39 minutes ago, JPeezy55 said:

Reading this where??

Pretty sure they were all over him supposedly at combine, senior bowl(iirc) and now at OK St pro day...him and WR Washington for that matter.

Ok so I teased in talking about Eric Reid that there's something going on with the safety market and here's what it is:

Teams are waiting for dominoes to fall.  The big two are Tyrann Mathieu and Earl Thomas.  Earl would need to fall first.  The Seahawks are serious about trading him.  

Earl Thomas: He's on the trade block, and we are one of the teams in on him.  But the teams after him want an extension and he wants at least $15mil a year.  No team is willing to pay that so things are at a bit of a standstill.

Tyrann Mathieu: He's waiting a it, and the rumor is $11 mil is his 'discount' for competitive teams.  For teams not on the potential of winning it all he wants $13-15 mil out of it.

So teams are waiting for their asking prices to come down, and once they do guys behind them will start to fall quickly on their asking price and safeties will start signing faster.  The issue is teams don't want to pay that and are seeing with Philly you can get away with average there as long as you have a strong front 7 and so they are less likely to do the expensive secondary thing.

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

He’s better. 

3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Depends on what we could get him for. He’d be a nice addition to the special teams. I don’t think he’s much better than DHB,  though.

He is better. DHB will be cut if Slater is signed. Slater was a major role player on special teams for NE.

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Again, how much better is he? DHB is actually useful on offense too. Is Slater so much better at ST that he outweighs DHB’s occasional offensive output? 

This. But I also think with releasing Golden they may be looking for some new ST's help.

But DHB did bring value, even if minimal to the offense.

Slater has 1 career reception. At the right price, I'd be okay with it. But honestly, signing him over DHB isn't the difference in a SB

8 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Again, how much better is he? DHB is actually useful on offense too. Is Slater so much better at ST that he outweighs DHB’s occasional offensive output? 

Yes. Slater is better to the point that the loss of 10 catches a year is sustainable. 

7 hours ago, JPeezy55 said:

This. But I also think with releasing Golden they may be looking for some new ST's help.

But DHB did bring value, even if minimal to the offense.

Slater has 1 career reception. At the right price, I'd be okay with it. But honestly, signing him over DHB isn't the difference in a SB

Slater is far superior on ST. That is a big difference maker. DHB us a marginal offensive player. Not that hard to replace 

Archived