Home Field Advantage; 2025 NFL Draft Discussion

Why not start this ASAP, not every year the draft is in our backyard. Based on my notes and looking around at some early big boards, here's how I'd rather the draft strengths from strongest to weakest this year by position:

EDGE, DL, RB, CB, TE, WR, OT, S, QB, IOL, LB.

Here's my watchlist I've got saved for EDGE and DL (IMO our biggest needs next year and the drafts biggest strengths) so you can follow along during the CFB season, I'll update this Oct/Nov after some games are played:

DL: (Not in any particular order)

Deone Walker Kentucky 

Tyleik Williams OSU

Dontay Corleone Cincinnati 

Kenneth Grant Michigan 

Howard Cross Notre Dame 

Nazir Stackhouse Georgia 

Bear Alexander USC

TJ Sanders South Carolina 

Davin Vann NC State

Walter Nolen Ole Miss

Thor Griffith Louisville 

Tim Smith Alabama

Rylie Mills Notre Dame

Mason Graham Michigan 

Shemar Turner Texas AM

Joey Slackman Florida 

Cam Jackson Florida 

Joshua Farmer Florida State 

Aaron Graves Iowa

Yahya Black Iowa

JJ Pegues Ole Miss 

Nash Hutmacher Nebraska

Jamaree Caldwell Oregon

Aeneas Peebles Virginia Tech 

Alfred Collins Texas

EDGE:

James Pearce Jr Tennessee 

JT Tuimoloau Ohio State 

Jack Sawyer Ohio State 

Nic Scourton Texas AM

Princely Umanmielen Ole Miss

Landon Jackson Arkansas

Payton Patrick Florida State 

Ashton Gillette Louisville 

RJ Oben Duke

Jashedn Davis Wake Forest

Tyler Batty BYU

Jordan Burch Oregon 

Antwaun Powell-Ryland Virginia Tech 

Josiah Stewart Michigan 

Mykel Williams Georgia 

Abdul Carter Penn State 

Kaimon Rucker North Carolina 

Dani Dennis-Sutton Penn State 

Cashius Howell Texas AM

Collin Oliver OK State

Ethan Burke Texas

Steve Linton Baylor

Derek Moore Michigan 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Find me corners to watch, please.

Will Johnson, Michigan;  Benjamin Morrison, Notre Dame;  Travis Hunter, Colorado;  Tacario Davis, Arizona;  Jabbar Muhammad, Oregon (Washington transfer);  Denzel Burke, Ohio State;  Ricardo Hollman, Wisconsin;  Sebastian Castro, Iowa;  Ephesians Prysock, Washington (Arizona transfer);  Cobee Bryant, Kansas

I think all these guys would've gone top 100 if eligible this year, as we saw with Kalen King, they still need to perform this year but that will be a goo starting spot for you. 

• Like 1

I have developed a @MacReady style crush on Kentucky's Deone Walker for next year. Unfortunately with his skillset if he continues down the path he's on and gets down to 320-330 range with good muscle, there's no way this dude isn't a top 5-10 pick. If you want to watch a true unicorn DL next year, DVR Kentucky when they are on. A man this big should not move like this, guy is an Albert Haynsworth clone with hopefully a better head on his shoulders. I caught him for the first time in Feb because they drop this big *** dude into coverage on Trevin Wallace's INT vs Florida and the guy looks pretty smooth doing it lol. 

• Like 1

Dontay Corleone is my guy if our run defense doesn't improve. Stick him in as an anchor and pile creator at worst and that'll draw enough attention to free up the other frontline defenders to clean up the mess.

Also....see how he'll massacre their boy....after he makes them an offer they can't refuse....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

He gets comped to Deebo, I just don't think that encompasses his deep ability. Honestly kind of a weird comp, but for like the first 24 games Victor Cruz was starting in the NFL, no one could stop him. Burden looks like that in college.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2024 at 3:49 PM, packfanfb said:

I absolutely love this idea. I think the players will as well. It's such a great tradition. Although when I was a kid and they practiced and stayed at St. Norbert's College, it wasn't just bike riding. People would also flip the tailgate down and a couple of players would jump in, and they'd get a ride to the locker-room. 

I remember we gave Bob Brown a lift one time. Largest human being I'd ever seen at that point. I think I was 5. 

Edited by Old Guy

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Sorry @ThatJerkDave Luther Burden is going to go top 5 and nowhere near Green Bay's pick.

Hope Mizzou can keep it up, but they lost a LOT last year. Most of that defense is gone. Based on pre-draft data gathering, Kentucky has a chance to be last year's Mizzou as long as their highly touted freshman QB plays up to par.