2025 NFL Draft Thread

3 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Laughs in Anthony Richardson 

Trey Lance, Anthony Richardson, Josh Allen, Jake Locker, the list goes on and on. Allar is one of those guys, even though he hasn't put it all together yet you can see the potential. My issue with Beck is that he has been super underwhelming on the field and doesn't have any traits or tools that you can point to and say yeah that's going to make him a high level QB in the NFL. Miller Moss is a similar prospect but he is playing super good this year.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Trey Lance, Anthony Richardson, Josh Allen, Jake Locker, the list goes on and on. Allar is one of those guys, even though he hasn't put it all together yet you can see the potential. My issue with Beck is that he has been super underwhelming on the field and doesn't have any traits or tools that you can point to and say yeah that's going to make him a high level QB in the NFL. Miller Moss is a similar prospect but he is playing super good this year.

Becks traits are fine. Hes not going to be top of the league in any of them for sure, but they’re more than fine. I’ll wait for the season to play out and reserve my judgement for that. I don’t like making rash decisions on QBs in the first third of the season. Let’s see what happens. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I don't think it's all that bad. 

It's not all bad, but certainly not great. There doesn't feel to be that guy in the class you can point to right now as a step above. Class feels more developmental, which is fine if you have the patience to develop which with Minshew/AOC they don't have to be desperate to start a rookie. Good to have that backup level depth on the roster. 

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Average traits, so-so production, and meh film aren't a great combination for an NFL draft prospect. Bo Nix rose up draft boards because he played at an insanely high level during his final year at Oregon. Typically highly drafted QB's play at an insanely high level during their final season and the ones that didn't are the guys with top tier physical traits. Beck has played poorly this year and his traits are the definition of average by NFL standards.

Shaky start to the season, but still a lot of football to play. Right now, Bobo isn't doing him any favors as a play caller and Georgia doesn't have the dudes they usually do at WR. Game ending INT, #8 didn't even attempt to fight for the ball. 

Becks release is top tier and he works the middle of the field unlike most prospects who just want to throw on the boundary. Shows plenty of nimbleness making plays with his feet to get out of trouble.

Issue right now is ball placement. Still a top 10 pick by the end of the year unless the wheels fall all the way off. 

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Shaky start to the season, but still a lot of football to play. Right now, Bobo isn't doing him any favors as a play caller and Georgia doesn't have the dudes they usually do at WR. Game ending INT, #8 didn't even attempt to fight for the ball. 

Becks release is top tier and he works the middle of the field unlike most prospects who just want to throw on the boundary. Shows plenty of nimbleness making plays with his feet to get out of trouble.

Issue right now is ball placement. Still a top 10 pick by the end of the year unless the wheels fall all the way off. 

The last two weeks were so underwhelming, he did play a lot better in the second half though. Will be interested to see how he plays against Texas in a couple of weeks and then against Tennessee and Ole Miss to close the season.

13 minutes ago, G said:

On draftbuzz last week I was picking 7 and after this weekends win it's 21...Oh my...lol 

In that case it's trade down and down and down adding picks in 26 lol

Draft Ashton Jeanty and have an All-Pro RB and TE for Arch in 2026

On 9/29/2024 at 4:04 AM, NYRaider said:

What do you guys think our biggest needs will be? 

Offense

QB / RB are huge holes

WR will be a huge hole if we move on from Adams

Could look to improve the OL

Defense

DE - Koonce is a FA and Tyree sucks

DT - Run defense has been atrocious / Butler and Jenkins are free agents

LB - Has been a huge need for years / Spillane and Deablo are free agents

CB - Hobbs is a FA

S - Likely losing Epps and Moehrig this offseason

I’d resign Koonce Hobbs and Spillane and throw a semi decent offer to Moehrig, I’m probably higher on him than most. 

QB, RB, WR, LB, RG, DL. 

44 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Hasn't been talked about a ton but Miller Moss is playing really well for USC.

I’m a SC fan and love Moss’ story and grit. I just can’t get behind him as a QB1 in the NFL just yet. To be fair, Trojans OL has allowed way too much pressure. I think he’s a career back up type. Would love to be wrong, though. 

7 hours ago, Geezy said:

I’m a SC fan and love Moss’ story and grit. I just can’t get behind him as a QB1 in the NFL just yet. To be fair, Trojans OL has allowed way too much pressure. I think he’s a career back up type. Would love to be wrong, though. 

He has some Brock Purdy to his game

I'm a USC fan and if I'm being honest Miller Moss only makes sense at this point if he gets drafted in the second round. That can change if we see more during the pre-draft process and even later on the season but right now he appears to simply be a game manager who benefits from the Lincoln Riley Pass happy system where someone's going to be open. 

On 9/30/2024 at 5:22 PM, NYRaider said:

Hasn't been talked about a ton but Miller Moss is playing really well for USC.

I know the traits are different, but man he just gives me Kenny Pickett vibes. 

Nothing to really poke holes in as a college QB, but absolutely zilch exciting about seeing him as a pro. 

• Like 1