2025 NFL Draft Thread

4 hours ago, CaribouLou said:

Is Mark gonna give the keys to Deion too? I could see him wanting to go all in on both of them.

Mark or Jerry Jomes will do it. Deion Sanders is 100% going to the NFL at some point

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Ewers needs to finish strong ROS, dude hasn't ever put it together and stays getting hurt.

He definitely does, but from pure play on the field I like him. Him being able to come back and stay healthy this year will be a big part of his stock. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FloydFan said:

He definitely does, but from pure play on the field I like him. Him being able to come back and stay healthy this year will be a big part of his stock. 

Absolutely. He has looked really good to me this season. Taken big steps forward. Just need to see him on the field and remain consistent, continuing to show control f the offence and making NFL throws.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, reddevil said:

Absolutely. He has looked really good to me this season. Taken big steps forward. Just need to see him on the field and remain consistent, continuing to show control f the offence and making NFL throws.

Exactly. Just want to see him get back on the field and how he comes back. 

29 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What are people's far too early QB rankings thus far?

- Ewers out in front for me. Pre-injury he had put together a really good sequence of games. Big games. He looked to have taken a real step forward. 

- Beck, Milroe and Ward as a tier together. Beck needs to end the season well after a dip, but can look the part - albeit a but of a boring prospect. Milroe can be electric, but hard to analyse how he will transition to the pros. I love watching Ward. I undertsnad why there are doubts with him and his mechanics- but he just sees the field so well - outstanding vision. Looks so composed - like he's just dicking around with mates in his garden. So many ridiculous throws and he can run a but when he has too. 

- Allar, Nussmeier, Dart and Moss as the next group. Am really hoping a couple from this group put a really strong run together. I've enjoyed watching Nussmeier. He seems pretty solid and can make some real pretty throws at times. Allar just looks like a specimen. Dart has dipped but still intriguing and Moss has done some good things - but a difficult projection.

Obviously a number of these guys will return and a good portion of them will fall by the wayside either in the coming weeks or their weaknesses revealed with more in depth analysis during the draft cycle. But I actually like our odds here. I am banking on some draft process risers, coupled with a little less competition and what looks more and more like a probable high pick, with the means to move around if we need to. I can see a number of options that will be certain upgrades on what we have - at least potential wise - and a couple of guys who will be comparable to Maye/McCarthy/Nix 

• Like 1

Just now, SilverNBlackFan said:

@FloydFan i know you’re a UT fan, how has Pearce Jr looked this year to you? He was a guy being mocked in the top 5 and now it seems like his stock is falling a bit?

While it may not be on the stat sheet as much he is an absolute presence on the line. He’s not awful against the run but has some room to grow there as well. As a pass rusher he is a live wire. Would love to see him paired with Maxx. I’d say you’re right about his stock falling right now but I also think he at worst ends up a mid first pick. He has an it factor for pass rushing and as we all know it’s a valuable skill. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

While it may not be on the stat sheet as much he is an absolute presence on the line. He’s not awful against the run but has some room to grow there as well. As a pass rusher he is a live wire. Would love to see him paired with Maxx. I’d say you’re right about his stock falling right now but I also think he at worst ends up a mid first pick. He has an it factor for pass rushing and as we all know it’s a valuable skill. 

Appreciate it. Im starting to look at other positions outside of QB, because this QB class is kind of meh and you can never have enough pass rushers even if we do bring back Koonce.  You would think with Pearce’s body type he would be bad against the run but thats good to hear hes not a liability there. I would love to get a long term pair with Maxx, ill be keeping an eye on him forsure. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Appreciate it. Im starting to look at other positions outside of QB, because this QB class is kind of meh and you can never have enough pass rushers even if we do bring back Koonce.  You would think with Pearce’s body type he would be bad against the run but thats good to hear hes not a liability there. I would love to get a long term pair with Maxx, ill be keeping an eye on him forsure. 

He would be an excellent compliment to Maxx. Hes a lot of fun to watch. Highly suggest catching a UT game just to pay attention to him for a game this year. He has everything you want in a pass rusher and is just really fun to watch go get after it. 

On 10/8/2024 at 1:10 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

What are people's far too early QB rankings thus far?

Trade down and get as many 1sts in 2026/2027. lol

I liked Ewers last year and was hoping he'd declare. Injuries/size has me concerned

1 hour ago, G said:

Trade down and get as many 1sts in 2026/2027. lol

I liked Ewers last year and was hoping he'd declare. Injuries/size has me concerned

Ashtony Jeanty this year and Arch Manning next year. Have a generational QB, RB, and TE.

• Like 1