2025 NFL Draft Thread

I think we're starting to get more clarity on the QB class. 

Jalen Milroe hasn't been impressive over the last couple of weeks. 

Carson Beck has been super underwhelming this season. 

Jaxon Dart has fallen off of a cliff over the last few weeks. 

I think Miller Moss and Garrett Nussmeier will both return to school. 

That leaves Shedeur Sanders, Cam Ward, and Quinn Ewers as the guys at the top. Ewers still has a lot to prove but it seems like the NFL is high on him. 

Drew Allar is still probably my favorite prospect and I could see him declaring and going a lot higher than people expect him too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

I will say darts stats have fallen, however if Harris doest drop that ball (a rarity for him) you could add 70 and a td to his stats against LSU. still not currently a HIGH pick tho. But if I could get Jeanty AND dart that would be ok....possibly.

Dart has tanked his stock in SEC play. Dude is an extremely QB friendly system and can't produce. Reminds me of a poor man's Bo Nix.

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think we're starting to get more clarity on the QB class. 

Jalen Milroe hasn't been impressive over the last couple of weeks. 

Carson Beck has been super underwhelming this season. 

Jaxon Dart has fallen off of a cliff over the last few weeks. 

I think Miller Moss and Garrett Nussmeier will both return to school. 

That leaves Shedeur Sanders, Cam Ward, and Quinn Ewers as the guys at the top. Ewers still has a lot to prove but it seems like the NFL is high on him. 

Drew Allar is still probably my favorite prospect and I could see him declaring and going a lot higher than people expect him too. 

Beck has regressed some. Expected when you turnover as much of the offense as they have. But he's still going to one of the top guys. Scouts love his game.

Ward is fools gold. Footwork is a mess. Unorthodox throwing motions. Takes a lot of sacks. Struggles to throw anything but a fastball. Bad decision maker at times and relies to much on his arm. He's putting up stats against bad teams. I need to see him in the playoff against better competition. 

53 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

NFL comps for the QB's based on what I've seen so far:

Cam Ward - Geno Smith

Jalen Milroe - Jalen Hurts / Malik Willis

Shedeur Sanders - Joe Burrow (temu version)

Quinn Ewers - Baker Mayfield

Jaxson Dart - Bo Nix (temu version) 

Carson Beck - Mac Jones

You need to go back and watch Cam Ward if you think he plays like Geno.

8 minutes ago, Big Ugly said:

Where do you see this? NFL.com has us with pick 9 and tankathon has us at pick 10.

Tankathon has us 10 but it's a tie between saints/cardinals/raiders for picks 8-10 due to SOS. That will obviously change constantly. I think Bengals/Rams will certainly pass us, Saints should also. It's entirely possible we end 3-14, our schedule is tough. Hell even the Rams are now coming off of a bye and are 5.5 point favorites against us

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Do you think he has upside in the NFL though?

Yes. Comps to Matt Ryan for me. Not going to wow you with traits, but going to be an efficient gamer who can make throws and win with his feet when he has too. His field vision and iq are the difference for me. 

I also think he's regressing in large part due to the OC Mike Bobo and the lack of real weapons this year in the offense. Still playing well. 2nd half coming back against Alabama is what scouts want to see. He's got some grit. 

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Yes. Comps to Matt Ryan for me. Not going to wow you with traits, but going to be an efficient gamer who can make throws and win with his feet when he has too. His field vision and iq are the difference for me. 

I also think he's regressing in large part due to the OC Mike Bobo and the lack of real weapons this year in the offense. Still playing well. 2nd half coming back against Alabama is what scouts want to see. He's got some grit. 

I'll have to watch some more of his tape. I don't really love any of the QB's this year so far but man Drew Allar has caught my eye. Not sure if he'll declare but I think he could be this years JJ McCarthy.

4 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

What about trading a 1st to Minnesota for JJ?

I doubt they’re gonna need him after this year.

I doubt they'll give up on him that fast. I think the most likely scenario (assuming Darnold finishes strong) is that they tag Darnold, give McCarthy a year to develop behind him while actually healthy, and then make their decision during the 2026 offseason.