2025 NFL Draft Thread

49 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I really don't think we are going to be the 5th worst team in the NFL.  I still think we will be an 8-8 type team.

Same. But there are a lot of variables:

1 - Can the team maintain that fire they finished with. 

2- Can AP coach? How does he and the team respond to a loosing streak, playing better competition. 

3 - Getsy's offense. Who's the QB? Can the Oline gel?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Same. But there are a lot of variables:

1 - Can the team maintain that fire they finished with. 

2- Can AP coach? How does he and the team respond to a loosing streak, playing better competition. 

3 - Getsy's offense. Who's the QB? Can the Oline gel?

Great questions.  Only time will tell.

On 4/30/2024 at 7:43 PM, CaliforniaKid7 said:

This is a pretty interesting point. Whose a threat to take a QB high next year barring something crazy happening?

Titans - is Levis the guy? Malik Willis?

Steelers - Wilson and Fields?

Jets - Old Man Rodgers coming off an Achilles? 

Lions - Goff? If he plays well he may get brought back 

NY Giants - Daniel Jones ain’t the guy

Seattle - Geno isn’t young 

New Orleans - can you invest a high pick w Carr?

Dallas Cowboys - moving on from Dak?

Well see what this list looks like end of the season  

teams I can see drafting a new QB in 2025:

- Raiders, Jets, Rams, Seahawks

Make or break years for these QBs: TUA, DAK, Watson, R Wilson/Fields, Daniel Jones

15 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

- CB 

I sure hope Jakorian Bennett takes a big year 2 step. He has all the speed in the world and skills but clearly was in over his head as a rookie.

We have two building blocks in Hobbs and Jones, it would be great having him or Richardson stepping up massively. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I sure hope Jakorian Bennett takes a big year 2 step. He has all the speed in the world and skills but clearly was in over his head as a rookie.

We have two building blocks in Hobbs and Jones, it would be great having him or Richardson stepping up massively. 

I might sound like a Homer but I like both corners we drafted. I even think the UDFa corners have good potential. Have to see if they can step up. People forget that a great DL can make lives for the DBs easier 

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think our 3 biggest needs 2025 draft 

- QB

- NT 

- CB 

————-

assuming Munford, and Zeus step up…. 

Should be TE, TE, and TE. Don't need to stinkin "needs". 

I kid, I kid. 

LB and QB are my big 2 followed by a grab bag. We're going to have some difficulty on D with the cap space before long. I think we're cheap.enough and have time with the CBs. S and Edge/IDL depth cincer me though. 

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Should be TE, TE, and TE. Don't need to stinkin "needs". 

I kid, I kid. 

LB and QB are my big 2 followed by a grab bag. We're going to have some difficulty on D with the cap space before long. I think we're cheap.enough and have time with the CBs. S and Edge/IDL depth cincer me though. 

I think Spillane get a new 2-3 year deal. He’s a defensive leader and shouldn’t take up too much space. That would take him to age 30/31. That’s when we should think about his replacement. I thought Deablo looked good last year. I would give him a new deal too at the end of 24 if he has a good year. I guess if we let him walk, we could be in the market. I realize we run a lot of 5 DBs sets: Masterson, Eichenberg, Burney are decent depth pieces 

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

This CB class has some nice high-end players, better than any this draft apparently. Safety too.

We going have a lot of free agents next year:

Jack Jones, Koonce, Moehrig, Epps, Hobbs, Deablo, 

54 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Daniel Jones 2.0

I think he's more what Daniel Jones aspired to be. 

Like, if Jones improved on what we knew he need(s)ed to improve on, he'd actually be really good. The ceiling was there for Jones, evidenced by the flashes he's shown. He just hasn't reached it and probably won't. 

If Jones is the janky prototype and Leonard is the 2.0 finished product version, that could be a very good thing. 

• Like 3