2025 NFL Draft Thread

40 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Don’t forget the Raiders are suppose to get 2 comp picks. Raiders will have 10 picks in 2025

Wilkins should cancel that out, no?

edit: were projected to get two 6th round comp picks. 

Edited by Geezy

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We probably aren't bad enough to land him.

IMHO it will be one of Ward/Sanders/Beck/Ewers/Milroe.

As of now, I'd roughly rank them: Ward > Sanders = Ewers > Beck> Milroe.

Ewers is cleaner than Sanders off the field but also more injury prone. Beck has great physical tools but has made some horrible decisions this year. Milroe is the most raw of all these guys but has huge potential. Dart is probably a guy I'd take in round 2. Huge potential but he isn't ready yet.

This thing is about to go off the rails brother. Defense is getting worse and there’s legitimately no way that we are gonna be able to fix the offense. 

We’re 7 point dogs against a 1-4 team

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

He’s not a bad QB, it’s just the extra stuff that would annoy me 

He’s the type of player that’s easy to dislike as an opponent but just as easy to love if he plays for your team.

I’m not a fan of the extra circulars with him either. And I do question his ability to come into a locker room and lead grown men. But as we know balling out and winning games is what matters, if he can play great the baggage is worth it. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He’s the type of player that’s easy to dislike as an opponent but just as easy to love if he plays for your team.

I’m not a fan of the extra circulars with him either. And I do question his ability to come into a locker room and lead grown men. But as we know balling out and winning games is what matters, if he can play great the baggage is worth it. 

💯

7 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We probably aren't bad enough to land him.

IMHO it will be one of Ward/Sanders/Beck/Ewers/Milroe.

As of now, I'd roughly rank them: Ward > Sanders = Ewers > Beck> Milroe.

Ewers is cleaner than Sanders off the field but also more injury prone. Beck has great physical tools but has made some horrible decisions this year. Milroe is the most raw of all these guys but has huge potential. Dart is probably a guy I'd take in round 2. Huge potential but he isn't ready yet.

It's early.  I feel like we are able and willing to prove just how bad we are lol.  If I'm Mark and Tom, I'm going all in on that kid.  Looks like an absolute SUPERSTAR to me.  (FWIW)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Sanders HC / Sanders QB is a high possibility 

29 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Sign me up. At this point, "100% shot at entertaining" is better than "10% shot at successful and 90% shot at mediocre or worse"

This is something I've been thinking about the last couple of days. The team finished strong last year and I think a large portion of the fanbase was excited to see the team this year under AP. But man has this season been an absolute buzz kill for the fans. Since he announced the team was going to Vegas he has consistently looked to make splashy moves as a way to pander to the fanbase and keep people interested. They did it with hiring Gruden, later hiring Mayock, trading for Antonio Brown, hiring JMD, trading for Adams, keeping Antonio Pierce as the full time coach. He knows our home games suck and that it's hard to keep people motivated to spend the crazy ticket prices to see a team that sucks. 

Deion in Las Vegas would be a movie. It's just a question of if that movie is a best picture or the exorcist. I think he is one of the few hires that would actually excite the fanbase and would make them must see tv across the country. Look what he has done at Colorado, they haven't even been very good and they're probably the most discussed college football program in the country. 

I don't know how it would work out but I know it will be fun either way. 

I think the most realistic timeline would be: keep AP, draft Shedeur, fire AP in season or just don't extend him, hire Deion in 2026. 

I think it would be a little weird to hire him this off-season with a chance that we won't even be able to take Shedeur. But the job would definitely be a lot more appealing knowing that he'd be stepping into it with Shedeur at QB from the jump. I could also see him being more interested to make the jump to the NFL after he has a year at Colorado where he isn't coaching his kids.