2025 NFL Draft: It is NEVER too early!

On 8/17/2024 at 3:20 PM, SteelKing728 said:

I'm guessing most don't know who Metellus or Bynum are, so I can't blame them too much.

They do but fact still is Harrison Smith or Bynum or both will be gone next year.  And unless one is going to play Metellus and Cine as the starting safeties and nickel/third safety who knows, they need someone else.

Starks has big time ability and could play CB in the right system and totally could play a hybrid slot type position.  Sure is a long shot but worth a shot unless they want to go long term with Metellus and Cine for their safeties which I doubt.  Honestly not sure they will be able to pay Bynum with Aaron Jones, Sam Darnold, Harrison Phillips, Byron Murphy even Theo Jackson is also a free agent.

So with Harrison Smith, Bynum and Jackson all being free agents in 2025 yeah safety is on the table as potential positions to select.  

Trishton Jackson, Sherfield, Powell, Nwangwu, Muse, Tillery, Bullard, Jihad Ward, Shaquill Griffin, Kamu Grugier-Hill and Patrick Jones are all free agents in 2025 as well.  Granted Patrick Jones or Sherfield might not make the roster or even Muse but still that is a lot of free agents coming up in 2025.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

They do but fact still is Harrison Smith or Bynum or both will be gone next year.  And unless one is going to play Metellus and Cine as the starting safeties and nickel/third safety who knows, they need someone else.

Starks has big time ability and could play CB in the right system and totally could play a hybrid slot type position.  Sure is a long shot but worth a shot unless they want to go long term with Metellus and Cine for their safeties which I doubt.  Honestly not sure they will be able to pay Bynum with Aaron Jones, Sam Darnold, Harrison Phillips, Byron Murphy even Theo Jackson is also a free agent.

So with Harrison Smith, Bynum and Jackson all being free agents in 2025 yeah safety is on the table as potential positions to select.  

Trishton Jackson, Sherfield, Powell, Nwangwu, Muse, Tillery, Bullard, Jihad Ward, Shaquill Griffin, Kamu Grugier-Hill and Patrick Jones are all free agents in 2025 as well.  Granted Patrick Jones or Sherfield might not make the roster or even Muse but still that is a lot of free agents coming up in 2025.  

I always appreciate your posts, even if I occasionally disagree with your opinion. well thought out work!

Edited by SteelKing728
  • Like 1

9. Minnesota Vikings - Will Johnson, CB, Michigan

Arguably the top prospect in the entire class, Will Johnson has the skill set to succeed in whatever defensive architecture he finds himself in. Under Brian Flores, Johnson would be used in a variety of roles with the potential to rapidly evolve into one of football's elite corners.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2024/08/19/nfl-mock-draft-2025-preseason-august2

• Like 1

When you are a fan of any team, especially the Vikings, you know how important division play is. The NFC North is one of the toughest divisions in the entire NFL. Winning your division often doesn’t only get you a home playoff game but perhaps even a bye.

Field Yates of ESPN published his first mock draft of the new cycle as we get ready for college football’s Week 0 to kick off. The NFC North led the way with some of the more interesting picks.

Detroit Lions
Pick: Landon Jackson, Edge, Arkansas

Green Bay Packers
Pick: Patrick Payton, Edge, Florida State

Chicago Bears
Pick: JT Tuimoloau, Edge, Ohio State

Minnesota Vikings
Pick: Mason Graham, DL, Michigan

Best pick of the draft
Mason Graham going to the Minnesota Vikings will be a popular pick from now until April of next year. Why? It makes sense from both a need and impact scenario. Graham is a game-wrecker in every sense of the word. His working between Dallas Turner and Jonathan Greenard would be a cheat code and a good way to disrupt the other franchise quarterbacks in the division.

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/lists/2025-nfl-draft-nfc-north-roundup-from-latest-espn-mock-draft

9 hours ago, vike daddy said:

When you are a fan of any team, especially the Vikings, you know how important division play is. The NFC North is one of the toughest divisions in the entire NFL. Winning your division often doesn’t only get you a home playoff game but perhaps even a bye.

Field Yates of ESPN published his first mock draft of the new cycle as we get ready for college football’s Week 0 to kick off. The NFC North led the way with some of the more interesting picks.

Detroit Lions
Pick: Landon Jackson, Edge, Arkansas

Green Bay Packers
Pick: Patrick Payton, Edge, Florida State

Chicago Bears
Pick: JT Tuimoloau, Edge, Ohio State

Minnesota Vikings
Pick: Mason Graham, DL, Michigan

Best pick of the draft
Mason Graham going to the Minnesota Vikings will be a popular pick from now until April of next year. Why? It makes sense from both a need and impact scenario. Graham is a game-wrecker in every sense of the word. His working between Dallas Turner and Jonathan Greenard would be a cheat code and a good way to disrupt the other franchise quarterbacks in the division.

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/lists/2025-nfl-draft-nfc-north-roundup-from-latest-espn-mock-draft

Ehhh, I have the Vikings out of the running for Graham but maybe they are bad enough to have a shot at him.  

This is what I have currently, I might underrate Pearce but I need to see more of him.  Lions going edge with Jackson makes sense but not sure they are the 2nd worst team in the conference.  I have them going OG in the draft because late 1st all the top edge guys could be gone but Landon Jackson I do like a lot.  Packers I have going OT or basically getting another versatile OG or OT type in Savaiinaea.  But who knows depends on how Morgan is for them and if they find a solid RT in Tom or not.  Payton I love and I think he has the chance to be the top edge in the class but he does need to get a big stronger at the point of attack.  Bears I agree with another edge for them just a matter of where they pick.  Tuimoloau I have more late 1st because his upside is not as high as some other guys, Jackson for example I would say has higher upside and talent than Tuimoloau because of his freak show length and size.

12. Vikings: Malaki Starks Georgia JR S/CB  

17. Bears: James Pearce Jr Tennessee JR OLB/DE 

25. Packers: Jonah Savaiinaea Arizona JR OG/OT  

27. Lions:   Tyler Booker Alabama JR OG

For the Vikings I still think safety could be the play but of course DT would not be bad either depending on who is there.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.the33rdteam.com/2025-nfl-mock-draft-latest-first-round-predictions-entering-week-1/

4. Minnesota Vikings 

Selection: Travis Hunter, WR/CB, Colorado Buffaloes

How do you not sprint this card to the podium if you're the Minnesota Vikings in this scenario?

We all know Travis Hunter is capable of just about anything, and be it as a star cornerback or a standout wide receiver, the Vikings will have plenty of options to get Hunter into the fray and make an impact. Guys like this don't grow on trees, after all.

With a 2-way player like this, you hope teams don't try to do too much with him too soon. The presence of recent first-round draft choice Jordan Addison and superstar WR Justin Jefferson can help temper that temptation early on.

• Like 1

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2024/09/01/nfl-mock-draft-2025-september-season-start#google_vignette

9. Minnesota Vikings

Mason Graham, IDL, Michigan

Mason Graham earned the top spot in our first Draft Network 100 rankings of the season. He's a disruptive defensive tackle who can play on all three downs. Given the expiring contracts on the Vikings' defensive line, Graham is a plug-and-play year-one starter.

Sanders is going to impress a lot of people with his physical skills come draft season, but I’m curious as to how well he’s going to interview. In the interviews or post game press conferences that I’ve heard he comes across as a very “me first” person, and there’s too many instances of him openly pointing the blame at other players. That’s not the personality I’d want from my QB. 

Also, does anyone else get the sense that Deion Sanders is going to way too involved with the draft process for his son? 

• Like 2