2024 2nd Round: (2) Denver Nuggets v (3) Minnesota Timberwolves

lomaxgrUK

31 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

This team is built to beat Denver. Size is without question the way to go against the Nuggets, and obviously Connelly would know that given he knows the Nuggets as well as anyone not part of the organisation. 

As someone who backed the Wolves at +2500 to win it all and +1000 to win the West in early April, I knew this team was going to be a tough out in the playoffs. But not this tough. They are bullies out there. Sure, the refs let some stuff go, but f it - give me that brand of basketball all day.

Still, they don't match up against the Thunder anywhere near as well. If OKC make it through, it's going to be much closer.

Nuggets got punked and embarrassed on their own floor (twice). Feels like the white flag has been raised. 

They’ll destroy thunder. Thunder are the most overrated team in the West tbh. They are more young dumb than any of the ones left. Denver would have cruised past them. I think Dallas beats them in 7. I don’t have much faith in OKC. To me they’re the easiest out. They have no offense besides Shai… I don’t trust Chet, Joe and co… Think Dallas takes game 1. Had Zion not gotten hurt they wouldn’t have swept NO. Still beat them but not swept them.. 

Besides the +2500 seems very low. Should have been +1500 that’s crazy they were that low… 

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Nuggets getting stomped at home to start the series, and might be without Murray in game 3. Bleak outlook.

They looked rattled. After being the most composed team in the league that last two years it's wild to see.

Anthony Edwards is sure taking over and its fun to watch.  He has a lot of Kobe in his game as far as how he plays and the attitude/demeanor.  If he can lead this T-Wolves team to a championship it would be the beginning of an exciting era.  I love watching this next generation take the league by storm.   I remember everyone saying that 2020 draft was weak and the Wolves got screwed getting the top pick in a year when nobody was worthy of a top pick but now we have a top 5 or so player in Edwards and two top 10-20 players in Hali and Maxey from that class along with Desmond Bane and Lamelo and a bunch of solid role players.  Unfortunately the Pistons missed on all three picks that year, lol.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Anthony Edwards is sure taking over and its fun to watch.  He has a lot of Kobe in his game as far as how he plays and the attitude/demeanor.  If he can lead this T-Wolves team to a championship it would be the beginning of an exciting era.  I love watching this next generation take the league by storm.   I remember everyone saying that 2020 draft was weak and the Wolves got screwed getting the top pick in a year when nobody was worthy of a top pick but now we have a top 5 or so player in Edwards and two top 10-20 players in Hali and Maxey from that class along with Desmond Bane and Lamelo and a bunch of solid role players.  Unfortunately the Pistons missed on all three picks that year, lol.  

Pistons are going to get the #1 pick this "weak year." Can only hope they turn into an Edwards.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, General Tso said:

Pistons are going to get the #1 pick this "weak year." Can only hope they turn into an Edwards.

Cade Cunni is so terrible. Not sure if it’s the culture but he’s as as. He’s like Jordan Poole bad in wash. Zero impact. Teams need to start adding 2-3 vets. Makes a world of difference. 

Ants first 2-3 years were rough because his efficiency numbers were terrible. But the eye test was nice. 

2 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Cade Cunni is so terrible. Not sure if it’s the culture but he’s as as. He’s like Jordan Poole bad in wash. Zero impact. Teams need to start adding 2-3 vets. Makes a world of difference. 

Ants first 2-3 years were rough because his efficiency numbers were terrible. But the eye test was nice. 

He's gonna look like that playing next to Killian Hayes, Isaiah Livers and Kevin Knox.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, General Tso said:

He's gonna look like that playing next to Killian Hayes, Isaiah Livers and Kevin Knox.

Dawgs will be dawgs anywhere my g.. A diamond always shines. Remember Jordan walked into a bunch of drug addicts induced with sex addicts. 

Edited by El Ramster

25 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

yeah i just don't know how you could watch the pistons (it's ok rammy, i know you weren't, i don't blame you) and not think "man, cade is literally the only thing here that isn't the problem"

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

yeah i just don't know how you could watch the pistons (it's ok rammy, i know you weren't, i don't blame you) and not think "man, cade is literally the only thing here that isn't the problem"

For the time he’s played, for his his draft status! Cade has been an issue. Zero impact. He’s a good player. Just not #1 good. That alone is an issue. I feel you but I’m tougher on higher picks. As they’re supposed to be generational players. I just feel like he’s Jordan Crawford and you can find 50 of those guys in the nba. 

Nick Young use to light it up in Washington too. 

Edited by El Ramster

3 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

For the time he’s played, for his his draft status! Cade has been an issue. Zero impact. He’s a good player. Just not #1 good. That alone is an issue. I feel you but I’m tougher on higher picks. As they’re supposed to be generational players. I just feel like he’s Jordan Crawford and you can find 50 of those guys in the nba. 

paolo in his second year: 22.6/7/5.4 with 3.1 tpg on 45.5/34/72.5 for 54.6% ts, he's a superstar

cade in essentially his second year: 22.7/4.3/7.5 with 3.4 tpg on 45/35.5/87 for 54.6% ts, he's jordan crawford

3 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

paolo in his second year: 22.6/7/5.4 with 3.1 tpg on 45.5/34/72.5 for 54.6% ts, he's a superstar

cade in essentially his second year: 22.7/4.3/7.5 with 3.4 tpg on 45/35.5/87 for 54.6% ts, he's jordan crawford

Paolo can carry a team though. Cade can carry you to the lottery… eye test shows one is way more impactful than the other. Specially when you consider defense. But let’s revised this after year 8’when Cade gets a max base off his “potential”. 

5 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Paolo can carry a team though. Cade can carry you to the lottery… eye test shows one is way more impactful than the other. Specially when you consider defense. But let’s revised this after year 8’when Cade gets a max base off his “potential”. 

how many pistons games did you watch this year that are contributing to your eye test

and be careful because there's a very specific number that if you go over i know you're lying