2024 2nd Round: (2) Denver Nuggets v (3) Minnesota Timberwolves

lomaxgrUK

4 minutes ago, General Tso said:

The Jazz had Royce O Neal and Bogdananovic as wing defenders, what do you think

@NYRaider rocking back and forth in the corner, telling himself that Keyonte George, Walker Kessler, and a couple crappy future picks are the biggest coup in sports history.

2 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

@NYRaider rocking back and forth in the corner, telling himself that Keyonte George, Walker Kessler, and a couple crappy future picks are the biggest coup in sports history.

Kess is really good though. Homey just injured. He made the trade worth alone.

Man, there were some INCREDIBLE games over the weekend.  OKC vs Dallas was incredible. And this Wolves vs Nuggets game showed some epic toughness from Minnesota.  Would love to see Boston v Minn in the finals. 

Congrats to the Wolves. Hell of a series. Lack of depth just got the Nuggets in the end; I've never seen them as spent as they were in that 4th.

Having no viable backup C or PG really came back to bite them.

Still, no shame in losing in 7 to that team. Good season, we go again.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Congrats to the Wolves. Hell of a series. Lack of depth just got the Nuggets in the end; I've never seen them as spent as they were in that 4th.

Having no viable backup C or PG really came back to bite them.

Still, no shame in losing in 7 to that team. Good season, we go again.

resting Joker for 1 min despite being 20 is f crazy. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, El Ramster said:

resting Joker for 1 min despite being 20 is f crazy. 

Yeh, I think almost all would agree. The thing is, Nuggets fans have seen that dance before. Jokic minutes builds up a lead, bench comes in and lets the opponent back in, then the whole game has changed momentum.

Obviously the irony here is the fact that the minutes with Jokic on the floor in 3rd and 4th were a disaster, thus the bench couldn't possibly have been worse. Easy to say in hindsight I guess.

The vitriol surrounding teams when they exit the NBA playoffs is honestly like nothing I have ever seen. As soon as the team exits, every player on the roster is overrated and the team needs to totally blow it up. It's crazy. You'd think the Nuggets just lost in 4 to a #8 seed the way the media (and many of their own fans) are reacting. 

Why does every loss have to be a choke job or someone's fault? None of that for me. Full credit to the Wolves, they are a great squad.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

The vitriol surrounding teams when they exit the NBA playoffs is honestly like nothing I have ever seen.

It's the same in the NFL honestly. The narrative around guys like Shanahan, Josh Allen or Lamar is very much impacted by playoff losses where, tbh, they did their job well but couldn't beat a great opponent.

Same thing here. I do think Nuggets lacked a proper replacement for Bruce Brown and it kinda showed here. But yeah no shame in losing in 7 to a Wolves team that has 2 All Stars, 2 All-defensive players, the 6th man of the year and 2 or 3 other solid pieces.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TedLavie said:

It's the same in the NFL honestly. The narrative around guys like Shanahan, Josh Allen or Lamar is very much impacted by playoff losses where, tbh, they did their job well but couldn't beat a great opponent.

Same thing here. I do think Nuggets lacked a proper replacement for Bruce Brown and it kinda showed here. But yeah no shame in losing in 7 to a Wolves team that has 2 All Stars, 2 All-defensive players, the 6th man of the year and 2 or 3 other solid pieces.

We miss Bruce brown. But it’s his infectious energy and will to keep playing despite any score. He’s not great at anything. He’s just the lube that keeps all the rotors moving… Deff was paid a ton by Indiana though, deff made Denver over think at that price tag