2024 2nd Round: (2) Denver Nuggets v (3) Minnesota Timberwolves

lomaxgrUK

Some things to watch:

Jokic vs KAT (Denver on Offense) - all signs point to Rudy roaming (technically guarding AG) with KAT picking up Jokic. To an extent, this was quite effective at times last year and in the matchups where KAT played in the regular season. 
Gobert matches up well with AG, given that the latter wants to play around the rim and doesn't have an outside game, which enables Rudy to linger around the paint. The problem with this is obviously KAT's inability to stay out of foul trouble. I suspect we will still see plenty of Jokic vs Gobert out of necessity.

MPJ vs Ant/NAW/McDaniels - MPJ was fantastic against the Lakers, and he's going to have a huge role in this series because on the face of it, nobody but McDaniels matches up to stop him. Ant, whilst improved defensively, doesn't have the size to trouble MPJ. Neither does NAW. I imagine McDaniels will be on Murray most of the series, so that will leave plenty of opportunity for MPJ.

KAT vs MPJ (Minnesota on Offense) -  KAT shot the 3 really well this year, but he could cause real damage being physical around the rim in this series. MPJ has the length to guard him on the perimeter and the speed to stay infront of the drive. But he doesn't have the size to deal with KAT backing him down.

Minnesota bench vs Denver bench -  As a Nuggets fan, this terrifies me. Minnesota get good minutes out of Naz Reid, Kyle Anderson and NAW/Conley. The Nuggets starters are playing huge minutes because not a single bench played well across the series. Christian Braun didn't make a single 3 point shot in 5 games... They need more.

Injuries - KAT coming back from injury, Jamal hobbled, KCP hobbled, Reggie hobbled - it's going to be a war and likely a long series. I imagine it will be a tough watch at times.

I want to see at least one game where Murray and Edwards just trade buckets all night. Going to be a good one, I'll lean Denver they should be able to take advantage of Gobert and not let him make a huge impact

3 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Turns out the trick to having Gobert not suck in the playoffs is having a team of elite wing defenders.

Or at least not having Royce O’Neal as the only competent perimeter defender

20 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Turns out the trick to having Gobert not suck in the playoffs is having a team of elite wing defenders.

maybe just not awful defenders like Bogdanovic, Mitchell and ONeal