FF Survivor 4: Immunity Challenge Due Saturday

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

Lets do this.

And in case anyone gets any funny ideas

NO USING ANY SOLVERS OR ANY CRAP LIKE THAT. IF WE CAN MAKE THIS WORK, IT CAN BE A PERMANENT PART OF COMP GAMES GOING FORWARD. DONT BE A TURD

Player List:

1. @Daboyle
2. @Whicker
3. @Malfatron
4. @The Orca
5. @Pickle Rick
6. @theuntouchable
7. @Forge
8. @Slappy Mc
9. @TOUCAN
10. @skywindO2
11. @TedLavie
12. @FinneasGage

13. @bcb1213

14. @ET80

15. @Scoundrel

I had no idea there was AI solvers out there. We will have to restrict the time heavily between moves. 10 seconds? 5?

1 minute ago, theuntouchable said:

I’d be ok with first to 3 or first to 5. Either one really. I’d lean towards towards 3 but could understand 5. The games don’t take too long and the entire thing would probably still be under 5 minutes total. 

Its your game brah 

Call it, but call it before the draft

Just now, theuntouchable said:

I had no idea there was AI solvers out there. We will have to restrict the time heavily between moves. 10 seconds? 5?

No, we just need to trust the players

Otherwise no point in playing them anyway

Theres solvers for every possible game like this.

If we see a player taking too long with every move, take a note of it 

This would be bigger than the challenge itself, this is for the future of these things.

Remember, people could have easily cheated on the first challenge and that didnt happen

I do think people would play straight up and 20 seconds does give a good incentive to not do that too (and its supposed to be fun)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Its your game brah 

Call it, but call it before the draft

If I’m calling it, I’d say 3.

That being said, it’s a thing we’ve put together on the fly so I’m ok if people want to reflect on that aspect. I don’t think that really affects the draft tho. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

No, we just need to trust the players

Otherwise no point in playing them anyway

Theres solvers for every possible game like this.

If we see a player taking too long with every move, take a note of it 

This would be bigger than the challenge itself, this is for the future of these things.

Remember, people could have easily cheated on the first challenge and that didnt happen

I do think people would play straight up and 20 seconds does give a good incentive to not do that too (and its supposed to be fun)

@MacReady Could create the room and share the code. That way he’d be able to observe. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theuntouchable said:

If I’m calling it, I’d say 3.

That being said, it’s a thing we’ve put together on the fly so I’m ok if people want to reflect on that aspect. I don’t think that really affects the draft tho. 

Lets go 3. Im down.

• Like 1

Just now, Malfatron said:

Glad you solved this thing as far as comp selection goes @theuntouchable

Its def a comp worthy of having a lot of fun and subsequent dialouge/ratings/etc

Pokeman would have just been a forfiet and a lot of disapointed fans

And i do think your team is generally better at connect 4 as well, so theres your advantage

If we won, i would have picked an effort based comp like bad movie descriptions, not time based so i could noodle on all the answers in my free time

So yall def have your advantage

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

And i do think your team is generally better at connect 4 as well, so theres your advantage

If we won, i would have picked an effort based comp like bad movie descriptions, not time based so i could noodle on all the answers in my free time

So yall def have your advantage

giphy.gif

• MacReady changed the title to FF Survivor 4: Immunity Challenge Due Saturday