2024 Breakout Players

tyler735

24 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

I'll throw Travon Walker as a breakout.  3rd year and working with Nielsen this year plus he has gotten more help and likely added some more pass rush moves to his arsenal.

I'll also go Trevor Lawrence.  He finally has some Big wrs to throw to.

These two just don’t have that dawg in them. Janes cosplaying Tarzans.

On 5/7/2024 at 10:49 AM, J-ALL-DAY said:

Only candidates would be Brown or one of the late round backers. But the chances of that happening is low. I would not consider any of the rookies doing well as "breaking" out. 

This team is still largely the same as last season. Veteran group with limited openings. 

Isn’t Deebo due for a breakout season? Fakest contract ever. Dudes a scrub! But he runs with the ball in his hands but but but Deebo!!! He looks tough! Deebo the best! What he do in the superbowl! Deebo.. 

On 6/7/2024 at 4:12 AM, LinderFournette said:

I'll throw Travon Walker as a breakout.  3rd year and working with Nielsen this year plus he has gotten more help and likely added some more pass rush moves to his arsenal.

I'll also go Trevor Lawrence.  He finally has some Big wrs to throw to.

I feel like being the first overall pick kinda dqs from the convo. Greatness is expected. 

Dee Alford and Clark Phillips as corners in Atlanta. Terrell is Terrell. He's a top half of the league CB1. But those two are fitting in really well from the minicamp footage I've seen as the CB2 and nickel. Phillips in particular is balling out. Will be interested to see how this works out for the Falcons in 2024, but those two are names to watch.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2024 at 9:03 AM, LinderFournette said:

Considering he was considered a project from day 1

Trevor Lawrence was considered a project since day 1?  By who?  In what article?  Since when?  Bro.  This is the craziest take I've ever seen on Trevor Lawrence.  He was compared to Andrew Luck during the draft process.  I'm pretty sure this is sarcasm.  Because there's just no way someone actually believes people consider Trevor Lawrence a project at QB.

Trevor Lawrence Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

2021 NFL Draft: Prospect-pro comparisons for top quarterbacks

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Trevor Lawrence was considered a project since day 1?  By who?  In what article?  Since when?  Bro.  This is the craziest take I've ever seen on Trevor Lawrence.  He was compared to Andrew Luck during the draft process.  I'm pretty sure this is sarcasm.  Because there's just no way someone actually believes people consider Trevor Lawrence a project at QB.

Trevor Lawrence Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

2021 NFL Draft: Prospect-pro comparisons for top quarterbacks

Pretty sure he was talking about Walker lol 

Predictions:

Drake London, finally has a QB, years 3-5 are usually the best years of a WR's entire career

Garrett Wilson (although you could claim he broke out his rookie year... but I mean REALLY break out)

Zamir White, looked great to end the year, Pierce loves to run the ball, has no one behind him what so ever (Mattison is hot trash) #bellcow

Strong Possibilities:

Trevor Lawrence (not holding my breath here)

JaMarr Chase (obviously he's already an established Top 5-6 WR, but I mean LEGENDARY type breakout season, he has potential to put up the best WR season ever)

Breece Hall (RB1 this year IMO)

Tyjae Spears (mini breakout, nothing too crazy)

Jayden Reed and Christian Watson are possibilities, always show extremely strong flashes

Luke Musgrave or Tucker Kraft

Rashee Rice (builds on last year)

Jaylen Warren

Jameson Williams

De'Von Achane

Strong Rookie Possibilities:

Malik Nabers (could easily have 1200 yards his rookie year, competition is weak, and he's awesome)

Marvin Harrison Jr.

Trey Benson (a second half breakout is more possible, I think James Connor still has some in the tank)

Brian Thomas Jr. (1st Round WR, Jags could finally utilize the deep passing game)

Xavier Legette (super weak competition... will have every opportunity to breakout)

Blake Corum (if Kyren gets injured)

Jaylen Wright (if injuries to the other Miami RB's)

Malachi Corley (Jets offense should be really good and he might end up WR2 if Big Mike is toast)

Tyrone Tracy (only competition is Devin Singletary.....)

Drake Maye (best QB of the class IMO... just wish his cast wasn't dog****)

My Deep Sleeper Rookie Breakouts:

Jalen frickin McMillian.

This guy is a beast. His athletic profile is a clone of Justin Jefferson. Butter smooth route runner. Really really good at football. My third favorite WR of the entire class and favorite Washington WR. Outpaced Rome and Polk the year before, before he got injured. Looks better on tape than both as well. He just has to find a way to get targets with Evans and Godwin there.

Will SHIPLEY

Watch this guys tape, my goodness, he is GOOD. No doubt in my mind he supplants Gainwell as RB2. Has an amazing athletic profile as well.

Issac Guerendo

Depends if CMC gets hurt or regresses. No RB in the history of this sport has had a productive season coming off 400+ touches. Guerendo is 222lbs and ran a 4.33. WHAT? His tape isn't all that impressive, but Kyle's entire scheme is about size, speed, one cut, hitting the hole full speed. Issac can do that. Mitchell is always injured, and Jordan Mason has always been massively overrated by 49er beat writers.

Jordan Whittington

Who? Rams 6th Round WR from Texas. Dude is really good at football. Runs a 4.4, really good route runner, YAC Monster, great blocker (should see the field early). If Puka or Kupp goes down, McVay might turn another guy into a stud. McVay is the GOAT at turning no-names into complete superstars.

Edited by Tank4Drake
  • Like 1

On 5/9/2024 at 7:55 PM, Soko said:

Mike Evans with higher separation (grade) than Tyreek Hill is pretty crazy

Just another reason why third level analytics are garbage. How do we know if the separation is based on the WR running a great route vs the OC calling the perfect play?

5 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Just another reason why third level analytics are garbage. How do we know if the separation is based on the WR running a great route vs the OC calling the perfect play?

Here’s the explanation.

Tyreek’s lower grade is likely a result of him being put in extremely favorable positions within the offense (Miami and SF ranked in their top 2 in terms of creating separation for their receivers).

17 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

Pretty sure he was talking about Walker lol 

1000% on walker.   Dude was known as a run stopper in college not so good as a pass rusher but  with our OLB coach and Josh Allen he's been improving.  Can't wait too see how Nielsen gets him to that next level cuz last year he got 10 sacks. He finished last year strong.