2024 Schedule Release - Week 1 vs NYJ on MNF - No UK game

At least the game is at home and at night. I hope the next two games after that will be on the road.

The Jets are absolutely loaded with Rodgers returning so the game will not be easy at all.  

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

At least the game is at home and at night. I hope the next two games after that will be on the road.

The Jets are absolutely loaded with Rodgers returning so the game will not be easy at all.  

He should be super rusty so as long as our defense is locked in I'm pretty confident. Breece Hall can break a game though, the safeties and whoever is next to Warner will have to play a really clean game

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Quinnen Williams up against our interior is not my favorite thing after the playoffs, lol. Same for playing a team with two great coverage linebackers that's also really good at rallying and tackling short stuff. Edge rushers good enough to demand attention. They dominate the middle of the field better than even our defense does (without Greenlaw). And they have Sauce to drape Aiyuk. Straight up, this defense was probably the best in the NFL last year given the number of possessions that they were on the field for. Really bad offensive matchup. Probably the worst since the Ravens. Going to need to really mess up gimpy Rodgers on the other side of the ball. If there's matchups that we drafted Pearsall and to a lesser extent Cowing for, it is this one. Dragging a 4th corner on the field is probably their only coverage weakness. That or we need to stay in 21 personnel the entire time and prey on the 3rd linebacker/3rd safety/5th lineman that they use to handle the personnel group. You just cannot let them play their nickel group. It is too good.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Quinnen Williams up against our interior is not my favorite thing after the playoffs, lol. Same for playing a team with two great coverage linebackers that's also really good at rallying and tackling short stuff. Edge rushers good enough to demand attention. They dominate the middle of the field better than even our defense does (without Greenlaw). And they have Sauce to drape Aiyuk. Straight up, this defense was probably the best in the NFL last year given the number of possessions that they were on the field for. Really bad offensive matchup. Probably the worst since the Ravens. Going to need to really mess up gimpy Rodgers on the other side of the ball. If there's matchups that we drafted Pearsall and to a lesser extent Cowing for, it is this one. Dragging a 4th corner on the field is probably their only coverage weakness. That or we need to stay in 21 personnel the entire time and prey on the 3rd linebacker/3rd safety/5th lineman that they use to handle the personnel group. You just cannot let them play their nickel group. It is too good.

Yep, if we are to win, then it's likely to be a defensive struggle where we win a game in the range of 17-14 or something to that extent. 

Good test for Purdy and this offense though. The Jets do not move their corners around much and Aiyuk will see more of Reed but he's also a very good corner. Curious to see how Kyle attacks Saleh's defense. He usually has success against his former coaches and knows how to attack their defenses. This one will be tough no doubt. 

• Like 1

Man, that’s horrible. Short week to start off the season. Not what we need. If you’re ever going to have a Thursday night game, week 1s the best to have it so don’t have to worry about game planning and guys banged up on the short week. On the other hand, Monday night is the worst for week 1. No benefit and week 2 is a short week. 

I feel like the schedule hates us every year. And yes, I’m overreacting since we only know one game so far. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, straighthate said:

Man, that’s horrible. Short week to start off the season. Not what we need. If you’re ever going to have a Thursday night game, week 1s the best to have it so don’t have to worry about game planning and guys banged up on the short week. On the other hand, Monday night is the worst for week 1. No benefit and week 2 is a short week. 

I feel like the schedule hates us every year. And yes, I’m overreacting since we only know one game so far. 

I hate starting the season on MNF, tbh. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I wouldn't love a road game after MNF but if it happens, hopefully it will be on the West Coast. Cardinals would be ideal. 

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

I wouldn't love a road game after MNF but if it happens, hopefully it will be on the West Coast. Cardinals would be ideal. 

Rams would be the most ideal opponent in week 2 after the MNF game to be honest. Stay inside California and get the road game out of the way against the #1 competition in the division. 

• Like 2

• N4L changed the title to 2024 Schedule Release - Week 1 vs NYJ on MNF - 49ers Will Play a Game in the UK??

On one hand, i'm very happy that its May and i have 3-4 months more of spring/summer weather

OTOH, i miss the 49ers a lot and can't wait to watch their games again, even though it'll start to get cold/dark a month into the season

First world problems i swear lol

• Like 1

On 5/9/2024 at 11:54 AM, straighthate said:

They’ll play Minnesota in London. Hate it. Wanted to go to the Vikings game to see that stadium but looks like that’s gonna have to wait. 

It's cool. We never seem to win there :(

Yep, were good! I am somewhat surprised the 49ers haven't played overseas given they have one of the largest fan bases. But I'm sure the league would rather keep SF in US stadiums to get that extra crowd on their road games

• N4L changed the title to 2024 Schedule Release - Week 1 vs NYJ on MNF - No UK game